Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK)
Job Vacancy: Logistic Assistance / Driver
The Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK), National faith-based organization of 576-member health units working in all the 47 counties of Kenya.
CHAK has a well-developed capacity and a vast and rich experience in the development and implementation of community health programmes across the Kenya, dating back to over 70 years.
CHAK is anticipating to implement a large and complex five-year USAID funded Community Health Networks (CHN) RMNCAH/FP project via a national subgrant from the Africa Christian Health Association Platform (ACHAP) in the counties of Kilifi and Kwale at the coast and Homabay and Migori south Nyanza region, with the objective of improving the capacity of the local community networks and primary health care systems to improve the uptake, access and utilization of RMNCAH/FP services thus reducing maternal and neonatal morbidity and mortality in the two regions.
The organization is therefore seeking to recruit qualified potential staff to support the implementation and management of the project as described here below:-
Logistic Assistance / Driver (#4)
Project: Community Health Networks RMNCAH/FP
Location of project:
1. Kilifi County (1)
2. Kwale County (1)
3. Homabay County, (1)
4. Migori County (1)
Position Reports to: The Regional Project Manager,
The logic’s Assistance/Driver will be required to provide reliable and courteous transportation and office and field administrative support services to the CHAK RMNCAH/FP projects in the project counties while giving safety a top priority.
Specifically, s/he will be tasked with the following responsibilities.
- Safe transfer of CHAK staff and other authorized passengers from and to designated places.
- Safe driving obeying all traffic laws and regulations
- Ensure safe parking of vehicles and secured locking
- Cleaning assigned vehicle at regular intervals to ensure expected vehicle cleanliness standards are maintained at all times.
- Daily vehicle inspections (oil levels, battery water etc).
- Fueling the vehicle as required.
- Performing minor maintenance tasks on the vehicle when required.
- Ensuring that the vehicle is sent for service at the prescribed time.
- Recommending major service or external maintenance requirements for the vehicle.
- Maintaining vehicle records (mileage, service requirements etc.).
- Maintaining of Work Ticket
- Preparation of accident or incident reports when necessary.
- Provide safety briefings to staff during travel to ensure the safety of staff and property of both CHAK and staff and to provide staff with information when required.
Office Administrative and Logistics support
- Provide CHAK County field office with Administrative Support services
- Support the project with logistics tasks during trainings, meetings, deliver parcels and such other activities as assigned.
- The applicant will need to indicate his/her preferred county of work.
How to Apply:
Applications with detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, names and contacts of two Referees should be addressed to:
The General Secretary
P.O. Box 30690 – 00100 GPO, Nairobi
Closing date for receiving all applications is February 07, 2020. (Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview)
Applicants must indicate their preferred county in their Ref: Line i.e. Application for PO Community RMNCAH/FP, ( County-Kilifi or Kwale or Homabay or Migori.
Disclaimer: Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK) does not, and will never solicit money for any part of its recruitment processes including short-listing, interviews, background, and/or medical check-ups. Therefore we will not be responsible for such fraudulent correspondence or any loss of money or theft which may result from anyone engaging in any fraudulent recruitment activity.