Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK)
Job Vacancy: Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant
The Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK), National faith-based organization of 576-member health units working in all the 47 counties of Kenya.
CHAK has a well-developed capacity and a vast and rich experience in the development and implementation of community health programmes across the Kenya, dating back to over 70 years.
CHAK is anticipating to implement a large and complex five-year USAID funded Community Health Networks (CHN) RMNCAH/FP project via a national subgrant from the Africa Christian Health Association Platform (ACHAP) in the counties of Kilifi and Kwale at the coast and Homabay and Migori south Nyanza region, with the objective of improving the capacity of the local community networks and primary health care systems to improve the uptake, access and utilization of RMNCAH/FP services thus reducing maternal and neonatal morbidity and mortality in the two regions.
The organization is therefore seeking to recruit qualified potential staff to support the implementation and management of the project as described here below:-
Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant (#8)
Job Specification: Reporting to the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, the M&E Assistant will work to strengthen local community MEL systems, including strengthening community data collection, analysis and use.
Working with the regional Programme Officer, s/he will be responsible for ensuring collection of quality data from the community and facility level. The M&E Assistant will be required to regularly assess and provide feedback on data quality and recommend areas of improvement to strengthen data quality and data use for decision making.
Specific duties will include:
- Support the M&E Officer in training on data entry using specific tools and conduct site visits to ensure data is collected accurately;
- Work closely with the regional Program Officer to ensure timely reporting from the supported sites;
- Collate data from supported sites on a monthly basis, conduct initial quality checks and provide feedback on gaps observed to improve data quality;
- Submit data to regional Program Officer and support in the compilation of monthly project progress reports;
- Conduct site visits for RDQAs and DQAs in conjunction with the M&E Officer, Regional Program Officer and the county team;
- Work closely with the county/sub-county HRIOs to continually address data quality issues observed;
- Support health facilities and communities to implement data-to-action frameworks to drive local data consumption for data-driven decision making;
- Support M&E Officer to conduct regular data review meetings with various partners, including local implementing partner, county health management teams, to discuss project performance.
- Diploma in Monitoring & Evaluation, Health Records Management or a related field with at least 2 years’ experience supporting monitoring and evaluation in development projects;
- Experience working with county and sub county HMTs;
- Experience working with community health systems;
- Experience with data analysis, report writing and report presentation;
- Working knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word and MS Power Point;
- Excellent written, verbal, and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team, as well as working individually with minimal supervision
How to Apply:
Applications with detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, names and contacts of two Referees should be addressed to:
The General Secretary
P.O. Box 30690 – 00100 GPO, Nairobi
Closing date for receiving all applications is February 07, 2020. (Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview)
Applicants must indicate their preferred county in their Ref: Line i.e. Application for PO Community RMNCAH/FP, ( County-Kilifi or Kwale or Homabay or Migori.
Disclaimer: Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK) does not, and will never solicit money for any part of its recruitment processes including short-listing, interviews, background, and/or medical check-ups. Therefore we will not be responsible for such fraudulent correspondence or any loss of money or theft which may result from anyone engaging in any fraudulent recruitment activity.