Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK)
Job Vacancy: Regional Project Manager (#2)
The Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK), National faith-based organization of 576-member health units working in all the 47 counties of Kenya.
CHAK has a well-developed capacity and a vast and rich experience in the development and implementation of community health programmes across the Kenya, dating back to over 70 years.
CHAK is anticipating to implement a large and complex five-year USAID funded Community Health Networks (CHN) RMNCAH/FP project via a national subgrant from the Africa Christian Health Association Platform (ACHAP) in the counties of Kilifi and Kwale at the coast and Homabay and Migori south Nyanza region, with the objective of improving the capacity of the local community networks and primary health care systems to improve the uptake, access and utilization of RMNCAH/FP services thus reducing maternal and neonatal morbidity and mortality in the two regions.
The organization is therefore seeking to recruit qualified potential staff to support the implementation and management of the project as described here below:-
Regional Project Manager (#2)
CHAK seeks to improve and increase access, uptake and utilization of quality community and facility based RMNCAH/FP services in the Coast and South Nyanza Regions, covering the counties of Kilifi, Kwale, Migori and Homabay, through strengthened community health networks/systems and institutional capacity of County health systems in order to contribute to sustainably reduce maternal and infant morbidity and mortality and consequently, CHAK is are currently seeking a highly motivated individuals to undertake the role of Regional RMNCAH Managers in the two regions.
Location: The regional RMNCAH/FP managers will be stationed at the regional project offices in Kilifi and Homa bay but will travel to the field frequently to support their Programme officers and the communities.
Reporting lines: The regional managers will report to the to the RMNCAH SD Coordinator and TA in Nairobi.
Direct Reports: The regional manager will be the overall project manager and RMNCAH coordinator in the region and will be tasked with the responsibility of supervising the Programme Officers, the M and E Assistants, the Logistics Assistant/Driver.
S/he will provide overall technical leadership and programmatic coordination for RMNCAH /FP activities of the Community Health Networks project at the community level and the primary health care health facilities in the supported counties.
- Take up the responsibility of project coordinator and the technical advisor of the USAID supported CHAK RMNCAH Community Health Network project, reporting to the RMNCAH/FP project coordinator and technical advisor.
- Oversee the implementation of activities and interventions from a technical perspective and adjust to strategies based on best practices and lessons learnt from early implementation and other field experiences.
- Provide direct technical assistance (TA) and support to the program team, communities and health facilities in the areas of expertise, specifically in RMNCAH/FP and in the relevant community health strategy application and management to ensure attainment of the project deliverables in all the areas of engagement.
- Management and human capacity development in performance and Quality Improvement (QI).
- Provide support to operationalize health policies, ensure client responsive services as well as optimal use of community and County government and donor resources.
- Use knowledge of best practices in RMNCAH/FP to direct strategic planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Lead in the monitoring of all project RMNCAH/FP activities at both the facilities and in the communities in consultation with the M and E officer and offering supervisory support to the M and E assistants.
- Lead activities related to identification of MNCH/FP service delivery barriers and initiate innovative approaches to address them.
- Model a proactive and problem-solving attitude which encourages teamwork as well as fosters high motivation and enthusiasm amongst colleagues and communities.
- Ensure timeliness in the preparation of program reports to CHAK and submit them to the project coordinator.
- Will be the liaison officer between CHAK and the county government and other stakeholders in the region and the counties.
The successful candidate should Medical background: Medical Doctor, BSC Nursing.
- S/he must have at least 8 years’ experience in providing hands-on Technical Assistance in MNCH/RH/FP leadership especially PEPFFAR USAID supported programmes
- Familiarity with the Religio-political, socio-cultural and economic context of community’s resident in counties of Kilifi, Kwale, Homabay and Migori County is required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Word, advanced Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Strong writing skills, including writing of reports.
How to Apply:
Applications with detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, names and contacts of two Referees should be addressed to:
The General Secretary
P.O. Box 30690 – 00100 GPO, Nairobi
Closing date for receiving all applications is February 07, 2020. (Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview)
Applicants must indicate their preferred county in their Ref: Line i.e. Application for PO Community RMNCAH/FP, ( County-Kilifi or Kwale or Homabay or Migori.
Disclaimer: Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK) does not, and will never solicit money for any part of its recruitment processes including short-listing, interviews, background, and/or medical check-ups. Therefore we will not be responsible for such fraudulent correspondence or any loss of money or theft which may result from anyone engaging in any fraudulent recruitment activity.