Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK)
Job Vacancy: RMNCAH SD Coordinator and TA (#1)
The Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK), National faith-based organization of 576-member health units working in all the 47 counties of Kenya.
CHAK has a well-developed capacity and a vast and rich experience in the development and implementation of community health programmes across the Kenya, dating back to over 70 years.
CHAK is anticipating to implement a large and complex five-year USAID funded Community Health Networks (CHN) RMNCAH/FP project via a national subgrant from the Africa Christian Health Association Platform (ACHAP) in the counties of Kilifi and Kwale at the coast and Homabay and Migori south Nyanza region, with the objective of improving the capacity of the local community networks and primary health care systems to improve the uptake, access and utilization of RMNCAH/FP services thus reducing maternal and neonatal morbidity and mortality in the two regions.
The organization is therefore seeking to recruit qualified potential staff to support the implementation and management of the project as described here below:-
RMNCAH SD Coordinator and TA (#1)
CHAK seeks to improve and increase access, uptake and utilization of quality community and facility based RMNCAH/FP services in the counties of Kilifi, Kwale, Migori and Homabay through strengthened community health networks/systems and institutional capacity of County health systems in order to contribute to sustainably reduce maternal and infant morbidity and mortality.
Consequently, CHAK is are currently seeking a highly motivated individual to undertake the role of RMNCAH SD coordinator and TA
Location: Nairobi, with frequent visits to Kilifi, Kwale, Homabay and Migori Counties.
Reporting to the Head of Health programmes.
Direct Reports: The RMNCAH/FP CHN project coordinator and TA will directly supervise regional project managers at the county level and the project M and E , finance and grant officers at the secretariat level.
He /She will provide strategic direction and overall technical leadership for MNCAH / Family Planning (FP) related activities in the community including the health facilities that are part of the primary health care.
- Take up the responsibility of project coordinator and the technical advisor of the USAID supported CHAK RMNCAH Community Health Network project, reporting to the head of health programmes department.
- Oversee the implementation of project activities and interventions from a technical perspective and adjust to strategies based on best practices and lessons learnt from early implementation and other field experiences.
- Provide direct Technical Assistance (TA) and support to program teams, communities and health facilities in the areas of expertise specifically in RMNCAH/FP and the relevant community health strategy management program areas.
- Management and human capacity development in performance and Quality Improvement (QI).
- Provide support to operationalize health policies, ensure client responsive services as well as optimal use of government and donor resources.
- Use knowledge of best practices in MNCH, FP/RH to direct strategic planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Design the implementation and monitoring of the project MNCH/FP activities in consultation with the M and E and superintend on them to be implemented.
- Support program monitoring of technical quality MNCH/FP activities at both community and health facilities.
- Lead activities related to identification of MNCH/FP service delivery barriers and initiate innovative approaches to address them.
- Model a proactive and problem-solving attitude which encourages teamwork as well as fosters high motivation and enthusiasm amongst colleagues and communities.
- Ensure timeliness in the preparation of program reports to CHAK, ACHAP who is the PR for onward transmission to USAID.
- The successful candidate should have a Master’s Degree in Obstetrics and Gynaecology or Medical officer with a masters in Public Health.
- S/he must have at least 8 years’ experience in providing hands-on Technical Assistance in MNCH/RH/FP leadership especially PEPFFAR USAID supported programmes
- Familiarity with the Religio-political, socio-cultural and economic and context of communities in the counties of Kilifi, Kwale, Homabay and Migori County is required.
How to Apply:
Applications with detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, names and contacts of two Referees should be addressed to:
The General Secretary
P.O. Box 30690 – 00100 GPO, Nairobi
Closing date for receiving all applications is February 07, 2020. (Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview)
Applicants must indicate their preferred county in their Ref: Line i.e. Application for PO Community RMNCAH/FP, ( County-Kilifi or Kwale or Homabay or Migori.
Disclaimer: Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK) does not, and will never solicit money for any part of its recruitment processes including short-listing, interviews, background, and/or medical check-ups. Therefore we will not be responsible for such fraudulent correspondence or any loss of money or theft which may result from anyone engaging in any fraudulent recruitment activity.