Job Title: Data Analyst and Visualization Officer
Job Location: Somalia (Banadir, South Central, Bay, Puntland and Somaliland)
Reporting to: Project Manager
Status: 1 year Contract
Our client is an international humanitarian and development organization that positively contributes towards improving the living standards and conditions of those adversely affected by disasters and conflict in the Horn and East Africa.
They are seeking to recruit a Data Analyst and Visualization Officer to manage the Data Collection, Data Management, Data Analysis, Data Visualization, writing TPM/PDM reports, Case Studies and Lessons Learnt from the Third-Party Monitoring and Post Distribution Monitoring projects conducted in Somalia and Somaliland.
- Designing and deployment of data collection tools but not limited to Kobo, ODK, ONA and Survey123
- Designing and development of data management system using SQL in Microsoft Server SQL.
- Conduct data analysis in SPSS, STATA, Epi Info and Excel
- Writing quality monitoring reports, Case Studies and Lessons Learned
- Designing quality dashboards in Excel, Tableau and Power BI
Qualification and requirements:
- Masters or Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Economics, Monitoring & Evaluation, Demography, Population Studies, GIS or any other related course.
- Demonstrated familiarity with NGOs work in general with Monitoring & Evaluation;
- Demonstrated experience in Data collection tools (ODK, Kobo and Survey123)
- Demonstrated experience in data processing and management of large-scale surveys
- Demonstrated experience of statistical packages and/ or data analysis software (e.g. SPSS, Excel, Epi Info, SMART, STAT 01) and advanced computer skills (word-processing, spread sheets, and databases) are a must;
- Advanced skills in Data Visualization/Dashboard design (Excel Dashboards. PowerBI and Tableau).
- Demonstrated Experience in writing M&E reports, Case Studies and Lessons Learnt
- At least 2 years’ direct experience in a position of monitoring and evaluation of large-scale projects;
- Strong experience in conducting a research studies including the entire evaluation cycle, from design and formulation to implementation, analysis and presentation of results and recommendations;
- Analytical Skills: The data analyst will have to give quality analysis of both quantitative and qualitative data from the monitoring team.
- Communication Skill: the data analyst needs to give the presentations to the higher management according to their data analysis.
- Writing Skills: The data analyst needs to prepare different reports according to the analysis.
- Mathematical and Statistical knowledge: The data analyst needs to have quality experience in statistical packages not limited to SPSS, STATA and Advanced Excel.
- Technical Skills: The data analyst should demonstrate the technical skills in Database Management (Structured Query Language)
- Presentation skills: The data analyst should be able to present quality reports to the senior management of the organization
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your Application letter and Curriculum Vitae to the email address email@example.com quoting the subject line Data Analyst and visualization officer
Please include the telephone and emails contacts of three referees including your current/most recent employer.
Applications should be addressed to:
Humanitarian Initiative Just Relief Aid (HIJRA)
Applications must be submitted no later than close of business on 7th February, 2020
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Please note that interviews will be done on a rolling basis given the urgency of the positions.