We are a Fintech company providing innovative financial products & solutions to consumers and businesses.
We are looking to fill in the position of Software Developer.
Job Location: Kava Africa Offices located on Nyeri Close, Off Nyeri Road in Kileleshwa, Nairobi.
Contract Type: – Full Time Employment.
Scope: The Software Developer is responsible for Systems development, Systems Implementation, Systems Management, Systems security and Technical support.
1. Systems Development
- Design, document and present the systems/technical requirements.
- Develop systems through appropriate structured coding that allows reliability, availability, scalability, extensibility, re-usability and security of the systems.
- Oversee the change management processes and develop the appropriate unit, integration, system and user acceptance testing methodologies and tools.
2. Systems Documentation
- Design various systems documentation (logical design specifications) to be used in implementing the systems, including architecture, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, etc.
- Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of the software
3. Systems Implementation
- Build the systems and platforms through appropriate structured modular programming (coding) that will allow reliability, availability and scalability of the system and corresponding systems and user documentation.
- Manage the handover of systems to end users and training that will allow integration of the system into the business.
- Review system performance, troubleshoot, debug and apply fixes to system components.
4. Systems Management & Monitoring
- Manage the engagement with external systems development consultants and ICT vendors
- Perform system management, change management, diagnostics, enhancement, optimization, and system support functions (technical and user support) by diagnosing system problems and offering quick turnaround solutions.
- Keep abreast of changing technology trends to enable continuous improvements and cost-effective and standards-based system implementations.
- 2 years or more of hands-on working experience with the following modern development software & technologies:
- Mobile: (Android)
- Frameworks: (Laravel, Ionic, Angular1, .Net)
- Databases: (MYSQL, MSSQL)
- Tools: (Cordova, Git, Maven, Gulp, Gradle)
- At least 2 years hand-on experience building and deploying high traffic consumer-facing Apps and platforms.
- Experience with setting up and consuming one or more cloud or DevOps services like Azure, AWS, etc.
- Strong ability to take a big picture look at technical projects and manage resources and workflows.
- Excellent communication & decision-making capabilities.
- A true “roll up the sleeves and get it done” working approach; demonstrated success as a problem solver, operating as a result-oriented, self-starter
- Planning, organizing & managing a team.
- Interpersonal skills and team orientation
How to apply:
If you possess the above qualifications and skills, please send us your CV citing your expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5th February 2020.
Use Software Developer as your email subject.
Please note only successful candidates will be contacted.