Our client, a leading manufacturer and distributor of low-cost but high quality food products in the FMCG sector, seeks to recruit an ambitious and driven individual to the role of Business Development Director to handle the East African Region
Job Purpose: In line with our purpose, this role leads the designated regional sales team by establishing strong relationships with market stakeholders to facilitate growth in the share of our clients’ stock size of FFV and FMCG, average drop size per customer and regional market share in our products to drive our sales volumes and ultimately exceeding our business revenue targets
Key Results Areas
- Order Generation & Sales Growth: Lead the account developers in executing and implementing market penetration and development plans for existing and new markets in the assigned area through engagement, recruitment and training of new customers to increase online orders to drive sales volumes and revenue growth
- Performance Management: Be an exceptional people manager, coach and mentor who cares about not only the best performance from the team but their individual development and growth. Directly manage the performance of Business Developers taking action to recognize excellent performance and to improve poor performance.
- Customer Experience & Delight: Take full responsibility for the delivery of excellent customer service by leading the identification and mapping of customer needs in assigned Area and ensuring they are met towards customer satisfaction and retention, market expansion and revenue growth
- Business & Product Development: Interpret and implement defined strategies that enhance leads generation, identification and testing of new opportunities as well as viable income streams towards business expansion and growth. Maintain an in-depth knowledge of our product portfolio and value proposition, cascading this down the team through effective communication
- Relationships Management: Work closely with the m-Commerce Manager, Sales Capability Manager and other stakeholders in Supply Chain to drive revenue and business growth while taking responsibility for the customer relationship within the region.
Key Performance Indicators
- Percentage Orders & Revenue Growth
- Monthly Involuntary Turnover
- Complete Customer Acquisition Target
- Positive Customer NPS Score
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or business-related degree
- 5 – 8 years’ experience in route to market penetration preferably in the FMCG industry with at least 3 years’ experience in a management position
- Experience establishing discipline, planning and operational routines to drive performance
- Experience translating KPIs to teams to get buy-in and results
- Supervisory/team management experience – led a team of 5+ people
Competencies and Attributes
- Facilitating change
- Decision making
- High levels of emotional intelligence.
- Passion for results
- Business Acumen
- Negotiating and influencing others (Excellent Communications skills)
- Building and growing relationships
- Innovation skills and continuous improvement of existing procedures and processes.
Relationships and working contacts
- Internal Stakeholders: Depot Staff, Fulfilment team, Finance, IT, HR and Administration departments.
- External Stakeholders: County government, Customers
How to Apply
If you qualify,Kindly send your CV only to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10th Feb 2020 indicating ‘BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR’ on the subject line.