Our client, a Kenyan and globally acclaimed Game Lodge based in Mweiga, Nyeri is seeking professionals to meet its staffing needs.
Job Title: Head Waiter
Job Location: Mweiga, Nyeri County
Number Required: 1 Position
Job Overview: Supervise other waiters and waitress and serve customers. An important part of the work is to make customers feel welcome and comfortable.
- Supervising the team of waiters / waitresses;
- Training and mentoring the team;
- Greeting patrons once they are seated;
- Presenting menus to customers;
- Explaining menu items to customers;
- Answering questions from patrons about food and beverages;
- Sharing information with customers about the status of their orders;
- Refilling customer drink orders throughout the meal;
- Finding out if customers need other services;
- Processing payment of client bills;
- Making sure tables are clean and tidy;
Qualifications / Skills / Experience
- Certificate or Diploma in food service / waitress / waiter or air hostess
- 1-2 years’ experience in a busy hospitality establishment
- Good knowledge of food and drinks required;
- Must be able to speak and write either English or French, German, Italian , Chinese, Spanish, Japanese and Swahili fluently;
- Must have a pleasant, warm and welcoming personality;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- A thirst to serve and meet targets.
If you meet the above criteria and are interested in making a meaningful career move in the hospitality sector, please forward your updated CV via email. Indicate your current and expected salary in your application or CV. Kindly ‘do not attach’ certificates and testimonials.
Applications to be submitted via;
Esquire Consultants Limited
P.O. Box 76883-00620, Nairobi.
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications is 27th January 2020.
Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.