Job Title: Home Appliance Repairman – Service Center
Job Summary: Service Technician with a great attitude and the ability to help customers with their appliance repairs. As an Appliance Service Technician, you must be highly organized and possess excellent communication skills. We are seeking a dedicated team player who is able to ensure fast, flexible, and expert service to every customer via excellent time management skills.
- Providing timely and quality repairs of customers’ products
- Service and repair domestic electrical and/or gas appliances
- Troubleshoot issues as they come up, and replace any broken components, such as belts, transmissions, wiring and bearings
- Record all the work that was done on the work site in order to bill the customer later
- Maintain an inventory of all the company’s tools and spare parts, and recommend restocking when needed
- Observe appliances after a job is complete to ensure it performs its desired function
- Disassemble appliances when it is necessary to find the damaged part, and reassemble appliance perfectly afterward
- Offer emergency services when necessary and occasionally be on call during evenings to assist customers who are experiencing drastic problems
- Replace worn and defective parts such as switches, bearings, transmissions, belts, gears, circuit boards, or defective wiring.
- Replace worn, damaged, or defective mechanical parts.
- Reassemble units after repairs are made, making adjustments and cleaning and lubricating parts as needed.
- Observe and test operation of appliances following installation, and make any initial installation adjustments that are necessary.
- Clean equipment, parts, or tools to repair or maintain them in good working order.
- Reassemble equipment after repair.
- Adjust equipment to ensure optimal performance.
- Install, calibrate and overhaul household appliance.
- Generate invoices for repair services and collect payment from customers.
- Analyze electrical circuit diagrams and test circuits to identify any short-circuit.
- Test assigned equipment and appliances to ensure its proper functioning.
- Coordinate with service centre and end users, and provide general product maintenance and support.
- Assure adherence to company standards and follow best practices of repair service.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Diploma/ higher diploma in Electronics or Electrical Qualification
- Prior experience in handling home appliances in a service center
- Supervisory skills
- Communication skills
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to strictly email their cover letter and CV to email@example.com by 11th February, 2020.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted