Our Client, in the hospitality sector seeks to recruit a Housekeeping Manager.
The Housekeeping Manager will be responsible for supervising room attendants and cleaning staff, checking that rooms are cleaned to a high standard and stocktaking and ordering cleaning equipment, linen and room supplies.
Reports to: General Manager
Roles and Responsibilities
- Supervising room attendants and cleaning staff, checking that rooms are cleaned to a high standard.
- Inspect the environment to ensure it meets the minimum best practice throughout the organization.
- Develop minimum standards for prospective members of his department and minimum standards for rating the work.
- Listen to customers’ complaints and ensure that the complaints are addressed efficiently and effectively.
- Stand-in for any member of staff that is unavailable to carry out their duties in order to prevent any unfilled gap.
- Stocktaking and ordering cleaning equipment, linen and room supplies.
- Checking for faults or damage and arranging repairs and routine maintenance work.
- Managing budgets and controlling costs.
- Making sure staff work to health and safety rules.
- Assist room attendant’s clean rooms during busy times.
Required Qualifications / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma from an accredited college or university in Hotel management or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a housekeeping senior management position preferably in a 3 star hotel and above.
- The ability to anticipate customer needs, change goals and direction quickly and multitask
- Working knowledge of rooms management systems.
- Advanced knowledge of Housekeeping process and procedures.
- Ability to maintain a budget
- Proven excellence in customer service.
- Capable of using independent judgment/solid decision making skills ability
- Proven comfort and experience to interact effectively with all levels of management, guests, associates, and clientele, both inside and outside of the organization.
- Activator/self-motivated to accomplish goals, with a strong sense of responsibility.
- Proficiency with general office PC applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheets, databases).
- Demonstrated sound organizational, coordinating and personal interface skills.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven job reliability, diligence, dedication and attention to detail.
- Must be flexible with working nights, weekends, and holidays.
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time Telephone number to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with Housekeeping Manager on the Subject line.
Candidates MUST indicate their Current and Expected salaries.