HR Assistant (30K)
Location: Westlands, Nairobi
Our client, an HR outsourcing company, is recruiting an HR Assistant to join their team.
Job Summary: The HR Assistant is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with management in supporting designated clients.
This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment and employment law compliance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Administer various human resource plans and procedures for all company employees; assists in the development and implementation of employee policies and procedures; prepares and maintains employee handbook and policies and procedures manual.
- Participate in developing HR department goals, objectives and systems.
- Administer the compensation program; monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Perform benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment and communicating benefit information to employees.
- Conduct recruitment effort for all employees, conduct new hire orientation and write and place advertisements.
- Handle employee relations counseling and exit interviewing.
- Maintain company organization charts and employee directory.
- Assist in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals
- Recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Maintain human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
- Maintain compliance with laws concerning employment.
- Organize, handle multiple tasks at one time, with attention to detail.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- More than 3 years progressive human resource experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Kenyan Labour Laws
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills are essential to provide timely administration of assorted duties
- High analytical ability to sort and apply information
- Advanced computer skills
Qualities and skills: This position requires an energetic, self-motivated person who is passionate about human resource administration and management and has a strong background in this, self-driven individual with a keen eye for detail.
Compensation: KES 30,000 Gross
Interested parties should send their online applications on or before 15th January 2020
Correspondence: Applications and detailed CV to be submitted online at http://goo.gl/T8sryH
Applications not meeting minimum requirements will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.