Job Title: Human Resource Manager
Job Location: Mombasa
Job Summary: We are looking to hire an HR Manager to help lead efforts in growing our team.
The ideal candidate will play a meaningful role in finding and hiring the people who align with our company goals and culture.
You will have the opportunity to define and drive the strategic direction of our hiring teams as the company grows to meet new demands, as well as use your deep experience in full-cycle recruiting to lead, mentor and train a solid and high-performing employee base.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy
- Manage complex employee relations casework including dispute resolutions, disciplinary, grievances, absence, retirement and redundancy.
- Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation and preservation of human capital
- Develop and monitor overall HR strategies, systems, tactics and procedures across the organization
- Nurture a positive working environment
- Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system that drives high performance
- Maintain pay plan and benefits program
- Assess training needs to apply and monitor training programs
- Report to management and provide decision support through HR metrics
- Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management
- Advise managers on the terms and conditions of employment and knowledge share best practice with them.
- Provide advice on recruitment and selection strategies.
- Provide first line advice on current and existing benefits for employees and managers.
- Support change management processes.
- Manage talent and succession planning.
- Drive alignment between HR strategy and business goals.
- Continuously monitor and review HR policies and processes and implement changes where necessary.
- Master’s degree in Human Resource Management / Strategic management or any other business related field
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource management or Higher Diploma in Human Resource management
- CHRP Qualification will be an added advantage
- 5+ years of experience in progressively responsible human resource roles
- Proper knowledge of Employment and labour laws
- Must be a member of IHRM
- Should be proactive team players with strong customer service and problem solving skills.
- Experienced in developing and supporting line managers through change.
- An ability to maintain confidentiality and act with discretion and diplomacy is crucial.
- Self-motivated and able to work under own autonomy or as part of a team
- Excellent strategic and analytical skills
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Good presentation and reporting skills
Interested candidates are invited to strictly email their cover letter and CV to email@example.com by 24th January 2020.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted