Job Title: Executive – Imports & Exports
- Liaising with supply chain on the replenishment of imported materials.
- Liaising with suppliers for quotes for approval.
- Once approved, follow up with the suppliers to issue the PI’s and liaise with Accounts on the adherence to the payment terms of the suppliers.
- Follow up with the suppliers on the shipping schedule and regular tracking of the shipments. Advising on import status of goods under clearance.
- Following up with suppliers on shipment status/tracking & updating import tracker file
- Compiling of import documents & forward to clearing agent.
- Prepare cd’s (Port Health, radiation & KEBS) through KENTRADE
- Apply for Marine Insurance Cover for all the Imports
- Day to day follow up on clearance progress with clearing agent.
- Advising on pending imports paymentliaising with accounts.
- LC application.
- Assist in import costing (estimate & landed)
- Updating TREO file & reconciling sugar delivery notes for cancellation.
- Follow up on export orders
- Prepare PI’s & Commercial Invoice
- Book export sales orders in Vyana.
- Follow up on payments
- Follow up on trucks
- Prepare export documents and clearance procedures
- Assist in trademark registration and tracker update to ensure timely application for new and renewal of trademarks.
- Administration work – courier sending, telephone & reception duties, filing
- Analytical Skills:
- Attention to Detail:
- Critical Thinking Skills:
- Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and make decisions;
- High degree of flexibility
- Good negotiation and communications skills;
- Good interpersonal skills and able to work in a team
- Strong personality
- Strong interpersonal relations
- Able to work within tight deadlines.
- Degree in Procurement / Purchasing / Supplies / Logistics Management or any other related field.
- Experience: 3+ years’ experience working in an import/export busy environment
- Diploma in Clearing & Forwarding will be an added advantage.
- Certificate from KRA on the use of ICMS, KENTRADE etc. is a MUST.
Kindly send your applications to email@example.com indicating current and expected salary