KCB Capital Limited
Foreign Exchange Trader
Reporting to the Head of Trading, the Foreign Exchange Trader will trade in the Inter-Bank Trading in SPOT, SWAP and forward FOREX instruments profitably in line with ALCO guidelines.
- Drive foreign currency trading in major currencies- proprietary trading.
- Drive Market making in USD, KES and other currencies where applicable.
- Provide competitive quotes to the FX sales team and cover client flows.
- Manage Counter Party Limit exposure management and Risk Management.
- Ensure Technical analysis for profitable position taking.
- Build and maintain productive and strategic relations with counter parties, regulators customers, Sales, ALM, Traders and stakeholders to drive the development and delivery of business solutions and revenue growth for the portfolio.
- Interpretation of market fundamentals for proper positioning of the Spot, Swaps and Forward books.
- Gather market intelligence and offer advisory to the other desks on global and regional markets.
- Ensure accurate bookings and trade confirmations.
- Positions and profit reconciliations in liaison with market risk, finance and back office departments.
- Liaise with other subsidiaries on maximization of group trading income
- Ensure compliance to the Bank’s policies, procedures, limits and regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Business related field from an Institution recognized by Commission for University Education is required.
- Certificate in Foreign Exchange and Money Market Dealer (ACI) is a requirement.
- Master’s Degree in Business related field will be an added advantage.
- At least Five (5) years’ experience in a busy Dealing room with outstanding performance in below:
- Client quoting,
- Market making
- Managing Spot and Swaps.
- Must have experience in using FX trading platforms.
- Thorough understanding of local and global market regulations applicable to foreign exchange.
- Good understanding of various limits that apply to FX Trading and knowledge of risk management and its application to financial markets.
- Thorough Knowledge of the end-to-end processes of Treasury products and services
- Should have excellent high quality interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills with the ability to network and strong business relations.
- Should be innovative in identifying develop and harnessing new and existing opportunities for hedging/trading to maximize business revenue.
- Analytical skills and excellent flair for numbers.
In the event that you are invited to interview for any positions, we will require that you provide us with the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA Pin Card
- Birth Certificate of self
- Passport Photo (White Background)
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Police Clearance Certificate (less than 5 Months old)
- Academic and Professional certificates, including official transcripts
- Certificates of Service from previous employers as applicable
The above position is a demanding role for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please CLICK HERE to log in to our Recruitment Portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Friday, 7th February 2020.
Qualified candidates with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.