Youth Impact Labs Consultancy Scope of Work (SOW) for Monitoring and Evaluation and Learning Consultant
Project Location: Nairobi
Duration of Assignment: 4 month
Background: Youth Impact Labs
Mercy Corps’ Youth Impact Labs identifies and tests creative, technology-enabled solutions to tackle global youth unemployment, accelerating job creation so every young person has the opportunity for dignified, purposeful work.
Focusing on vulnerable youth ages 15-35, Youth Impact Labs operates in two strategic regional hubs, serving the Middle East and East Africa.
Catalyzed by a generous contribution from Google.org, Youth Impact Labs focuses on the three interconnected elements of the labor market system:
- Supply: Preparing job seekers for market opportunities.
- Demand: Creating work opportunities by engaging employers and supporting job creation platforms.
- Ecosystem: Creating an enabling environment that facilitates safe, equitable and decent work opportunities.
Consultancy Overview: Youth Impact Labs has developed a monitoring and evaluation framework based on the DCED standard. The framework takes a deep dive into a selection of program components to look at impact-level monitoring without the scope of a full impact assessment. Youth Impact Labs is seeking a MEL consultant that will manage data collection, analysis and dissemination efforts and manage the impact evaluation process working closely with the project team analysts and program lead.
Scope of Work
The scope of work for the engagement includes the management of the following tasks working closely with the program analysts and selected consultants;
1. Collect and analyze quantitative data to calculate impacts, including leading ‘mini evaluations’ of specific program components and partners, and preparation of intervention plans to guide data collection and analysis of new partners. The consultant may also be required to conduct qualitative research for triangulation purposes.
2. Integrate impact labs data into the country-level data management platform.
3. Produce communication materials about program progress and/or findings from evaluation studies;
4. Conduct research and prepare practical reports for dissemination based on experiences from program implementation including quality of work and displacement; and lead dissemination efforts, to reach partners and external stakeholders.
5. Support impact evaluation efforts including managing impact evaluation consultant, supporting process of data collection, evaluation and review of draft and final reports, and integration of the Kenya report to the Jordan report.
The consultant will be responsible for the management and submission of the following deliverables;
1. Data quality analysis report of six companies
2. Displacement and satisfaction survey report of six companies
3. Quality of work research report on portfolio companies
4. Collection, analysis and integration of Q1 2020 data across 10 portfolio partners
5. Impact evaluation report
Skills and Experience
- Experience in design and management of monitoring, evaluation and learning systems for market development programs, and experience applying the DCED standard.
Timeline, Budget & Terms of Payment
Timeline: February to May 2020
Task Manager / Reporting
The consultant(s) will work under the management of the Youth Impact Labs Project Lead and post investment and learning advisor
Ownership / Control of Work Product / Publication
Ownership and control of all work products related to this SOW will belong to Mercy Corps.
How to Apply
Submit a work plan, resume and budget for the engagement to email@example.com by 1700hrs Monday, 27th January, 2020.
Application to be evaluated based on the selection criteria outlined in the table below.