Artemis Outsourcing Ltd is a regional focused multidisciplinary consulting firm providing technical assistance in Human Resource Management.
Our client in the NGO sector is currently seeking to engage a Monitoring and Evaluation Extender to be based in Turkana county.
Job title: County M&E Extender
Job location: Ministry of Health, Turkana County
Reporting To: County Public Health Officer
a. Background: The Counties have been supported to scale up sanitation and develop their communication plans considering that sanitation is multi-facetted with a behaviour change issue strengthened through social norms, synergized by availability of technological and financial options.
Sanitation Extender shall seek to increase accountability, inform decision-making and contribute to learning on the best ways to achieve sanitation and hygiene objectives through operational and normative work. A Monitoring and Evaluation Unit will be a critical component in the county sanitation hub.
The Monitoring & Evaluation unit will provide technical support to all the wash actors within the county. The Monitoring & Evaluation unit shall be responsible for conducting training on the web-based monitoring and evaluation system which has been rolled out by the Ministry of Health and is currently being improved through support from donors.
b. Justification and Purpose of the position: Monitoring & Evaluation unit is seeking services of an Extender for a period of 12 months. The purpose of this position is to provide support to the Monitoring and Evaluation Unit at the county sanitation hub.
The M&E assistant will receive overall supervision from the County Public Health Officer who will be working closely with M&E consultant based at the WASH hub in the Ministry of Health in Nairobi with technical guidance from the WASH Specialist (Sanitation and Hygiene).
c. Key Tasks
1. Support the county Public Health Officers in data collection, data analysis and reporting
2. Ensure data collected is segregated in three dash boards of census administrative boundary; County structure and; the community strategy structure
3. Provide over site training to Public Health Officers, Community Health Workers / Volunteers and Natural Leaders on basic data management.
4. Support County Public Health Officer team and Community Health Workers/Volunteer network on effective use of web-based M&E system
5. Generate monthly report to be shared with CPHO and national coordinating team.
6. To support the County Public Health Officer in implementing the county communication plans
7. Engage and link private sector to support sanitation activities within the county.
8. Train Public Health Officers, Community Health Workers, Natural Leaders on sanitation marketing, advocacy and instituting social norms in sustaining sanitation .
9. Engage with other partners and share their WASH experiences through documentation and dissemination
10. Support county Public Health Officer and Community Health Workers / Volunteers on effective engagement with the private sector including MFIs, mass-media and building construction supplies (for the enhanced supply chain of building materials)
11. Enhance sanitation and hygiene partnership linkages through existing and innovative forum such as Stakeholders meetings; chief barazas, Inter-Agency Coordination Committees (County and National), Technical Working Groups (National and County) among others
12. Provide technical support for the County and facilitate development of related technical sanitation and hygiene promotion standards and guidelines as guided by the Kenya Environmental Sanitation and Hygiene (KESH) Policy and the Kenya Environmental Sanitation and Hygiene Strategic Framework (KESSF)
13. Integrating WASH activities into existing nutrition, health and education concepts and activities in the County to improve health outcomes.
14. Any other work related to M&E assigned by the County Public Health Officer.
1. Monthly County Status report on ODF; segregated by census boundaries; County Structure and Community Health Strategy structure dash boards
2. Generate and update mailing (electronic or other) list of all sanitation partners and players in Public, NGO and Private sectors
3. Compile monthly county progress reports of Sanitation partners ODF initiative status
4. Generate a quarterly County Sanitation Status information bulleting (SHITT magazine) connecting partners state and non-state partners, sharing innovations and highlighting gains in the Sanitation and Hygiene sector
5. Ensure County have access of ODF technical documents for reference and guidance in implementation;
6. Ensure County knowledge management, experience sharing and knowledge transfer through Interagency Coordination Committee, Global Handwashing Day, World Toilet Day among other innovative low cost platforms
7. Timely generation and dissemination of partnership meeting minutes or / and workshop reports and follow up action taken for feedback.
8. Monthly update of ODF Claim, Verification and Certification
9. Monthly updated report of MIS /Micro plan
10. Report of Post ODF monitoring ( at Community Unit Level)
e. Key Qualifications:
1. Applicants must be first degree holders in Public Health, Environmental Health or related discipline.
2. At least two years of implementing M & E related to water, sanitation and hygiene or projects of related areas
3. Computer skills and reporting experience
4. Good knowledge of sanitation especially within rural Kenya context and familiarity with Community Led Total Sanitation (CLTS) processes
5. Good communication skills and a team player
f. How to Apply
Interested applicants to send their cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Tuesday January 21, 2020.
Please quote the job title as the subject.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.