Norwegian Refugee Council
Head of Shared Service Centre – Global Recruitment
Are you passionate about making the world a better place for people displaced by war and conflict?
Are you a visionary leader that believes in the strength of teamwork?
Norwegian Refugee Council welcomes your interest in one of its most exciting positions!
The Shared Service Centre (SSC) for Global Recruitment shall be launched at the end of Q3 2020 and will be located in Nairobi, with a strategic hub at the Head Office in Oslo.
The SSC is meant to cover a large functional scope spreading from the initial definition and description of a vacancy together with the respective hiring manager throughout the whole recruiting process.
This functional scope comprises of five main areas: Attract, Search, Recruit, Vet and Contract.
The SSC is to be governed by a cross-functional and cross-level steering committee.
The day-to-day management of the Head of Unit is delegated to the Global HR Director.
The new position of Head of Shared Services Centre (SSC) Global Recruitment will play a lead role in establishing the new SSC.
As part of a new operating model for NRC, the SSC for Recruiting aims to establish globally standardized high-quality services, securing economies of scale by the concentration of skills and resources, as well as supporting equal accessibility to all parts of the organisation.
The service will be based on a cost-recovery model with clear service level agreements. The focus of the Shared Services Centre for Global Recruitment will be the recruitment of top management and leaders, humanitarian specialists and advisory positions for country offices, regional offices, representative offices, globally mobile staff, and head office.
Duties and responsibilities
(For detailed information please see JD in We can offer section below)
- Responsible for developing the overall strategy and action plan for the SSC (Shared Service Center) in line with overall HR strategic direction, including change management and monitoring of execution
- Conception and execution of the SSC approach in the organisation
- Work with the Global HR Director and Global Recruitment Adviser to contribute to developing the global recruitment strategy and continuously develop the recruitment function in NRC
- Execution of strategic recruitment tasks (e.g. set up and execute on recruiting and employer branding strategy (for the SSC) or establishing partnerships and alliances with schools/universities/external global talent pools, etc.)
- Develop and lead a high functioning team with a focus on operational discipline and enhancing the client experience
- Budget responsibilities for the SSC
- Establishing and cultivating strong relationships with (internal) clients and key stakeholders.
- Defining and ensuring the implementation of Service Level Agreements; setting standards for quality and ensuring the implementation of operational activities in accordance with standard procedures and guidelines
- Working closely with stakeholders and the recruitment team to monitor service level metrics to ensure that quality service targets are achieved
- Preparing and conducting regular Steering Committee meetings, reporting on risks, key performance indicators and proposed corrective action or new approaches
- Minimum 5 years of experience in relevant management positions.
- Formal education – preferably master level – in a relevant area.
- Highly experienced recruitment professional with experience of recruitment within an international context.
- Excellent understanding of the particular challenges facing international recruitment and the distinction between international and national contracts, legal requirements, right to work, etc.
- Up to date knowledge of developments in the Talent Management and recruitment/selection/assessment field.
- Understanding of the importance of a strong employer brand in recruitment and ideally experience of employer branding.
- Experience in managing successful change projects and the ability to lead the establishment of a new service.
- A genuine motivation and a basic understanding of digital HR tools & systems.
- Strong analytical ability to analyse and evaluate HR statistics.
- Previous Shared Service experience is an important asset.
To be successful in this role, you need to be an influential leader who can build up a strong service orientated team and a positive working environment.
You have an excellent business mindset and cross-functional understanding. You are result driven and a visionary leader whose impact is comprehensive.
We can offer
CLICK HERE for detailed job description.
This is an open-ended contract position and the duty station is in Nairobi.
This is a Grade 11 position. (Please see NRC Grade Structure)
Challenging, meaningful and varied work!
A strongly committed, international team in a well-known humanitarian knowledge organisation.
Salary/benefits according to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions.
Only CVs and applications submitted in Webcruiter will be considered. NRC reserves the right to conduct a full background check on candidates.
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s values;To be dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable are attitudes and beliefs that shall guide our actions and relationships.
CLICK HERE to apply online.
The position is open for both Kenyan and other nationalities.
An approved health certificate will be requested before the contract start.
Application deadline: 10/02/2020