Our Client, a leading exporter of fresh Fruits and Flowers seeks to recruit a Packhouse Manager.
The Packhouse Manager will be responsible for managing operational activities of the pack house, leading the team to implement operational plans to achieve quality, productivity, compliance and customer satisfaction.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage Pack house operations and staff.
- Develop and implement pack house plans providing leadership, direction and documentation in the process.
- Manage plant assets, machinery and equipment by following maintenance schedule as well as monitoring how these assets are being used.
- Review analysis of the Packhouse team performance and prepare relevant management reports.
- Administer training programs utilizing staff to ensure planning and assigning work, inspecting completed work, maintaining compliance to safety and governmental standards.
- Monitor the market and customer requirements closely and give the company directions to follow to meet these market standards.
- Responsible for creating production data over a given period of time for record purposes.
- Analyze and report on post-harvest quantity, quality and financial projections for the site.
- Ensure all the pack house team reports are completed accurately and are passed for documentation.
- Responsible for maintaining quality specifications of the fruits and flowers from production to market supply.
- Develop and schedule a pack house budget establishing the production budget and the supply budget.
- Ensure that you and the team adhere to Packhouse policies and procedures accepted by the industry.
Required Qualifications / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in agriculture or a related field
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working as a manager in Horticulture or Floriculture
- Must have experience working in a Quality Controller or Post Harvest position
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective verbal and listening skills
- Experience working within a set budget and a good understanding of financial information
- Competency in MS-Office and Excel
- Awareness of Health and Safety requirements and how to implement them
- Attention to Detail
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time Telephone number to the email address: email@example.com with Packhouse Manager – Exporter Fruits & Flowers on the Subject line.
Candidates MUST indicate their Current and Expected salaries.