Nairobi Waldorf School Trust (NWST) in Nairobi, Kenya seeks to hire a Pedagogical Administrator who will be responsible for overseeing all the Pedagogical Administrative issues, quality of education and standards at the school from Kindergarten to High School levels.
The position holder must be well connected to the Waldorf movement and be able to build a pedagogical team that works in cohesion with all stakeholders.
Professional Waldorf teaching experience at both primary and high school levels is a plus.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Lead and direct the development of all learning tools and strategy
- Direct the development of assessment tools for both learners and teachers
- Oversee the school’s curriculum development, its implementation and regular evaluation.
- Oversee and direct monitoring and evaluation of all systems, processes and tools designed by the Pedagogical Team and vet external mentors prior to their being engaged and their performance
- Mentor Pedagogical leaders and teachers to ensure the school has a well developed team
- Oversee and guide engagement with stakeholders at all levels and proactively act as liaison between the School, Parent body and Government Educational institutions at both local and international levels.
- Maintain good relations with the Ministry of Education and ensure the Waldorf curriculum is registered and well recognized in the country and region
- Develop measures and contingency / management plans for any foreseeable risk in the school curriculum
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the school’s educational policies
- Masters degree in Education, Education Administration and Leadership, Curriculum Planning, Development and Implementation, or other relevant field;
- Must possess a Bachelors degree in Education or other relevant field;
- Must possess a Diploma in Waldorf / Steiner Education;
- Computer Literate in areas such as online research, spreadsheets and word processing;
- At least 8 years of Professional Waldorf teaching experience at both primary and high school levels, the majority of which should be in Waldorf/Steiner education;
- Work experience in a multicultural setting and skilled in change management;
- Excellent in both verbal and writing skills with demonstrated experience of both.
- An assertive and ethical team player with practical knowledge of pedagogical systems and processes and the ability to work under pressure and meet set deadlines
How to Apply
To apply for this position please email curriculum vitae and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position title Pedagogical Administrator on the subject line.
Closing date for applications: Friday, 28 February, 2020.
Please visit our website http://www.nairobiwaldorfschool.ac.ke to learn more about our school and view a detailed job description.