Our Client, in the Hospitality Sector seeks to recruit a Reservations and Revenue Manager.
The Reservations and Revenue Manager will be responsible for overseeing revenue management and distribution strategy of the hotel and manage day to day yield operations and Analyze overall monthly hotel performance and provide a summary report with recommendations to improve long term strategies.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Liaising with central reservations to communicate new rate plans and promotions
- Liaising with travel agents, the revenue team and the rooms division manager
- Assisting the sales team in setting their rates
- Maintaining the in-house reservations systems
- Forecasting revenue streams
- Oversee revenue management and distribution strategy of the hotel and manage day to day yield operations.
- Create and develop pricing strategies in conjunction with the individuality of each hotel.
- Provide weekly dynamic forecast of expected results, variances and budget comparisons.
- Analyze overall monthly hotel performance and provide a summary report with recommendations to improve long term strategies.
- Ensure all related systems are configured correctly, validated and working to full capacity
- Oversee and audit the standards and operations of the reservations department.
- Ensure web site booking process is maintained up-to-date and functional.
- Responsible for best practice standards to include: competitor analysis; environmental scanning; market modeling; distribution yield management; business mix yield management; length of stay yield management; inventory availability by channel; pricing control and new pricing concepts
- Reduce the cost of distribution by finding new less expensive means of delivering business
- Prepare outline for and support the annual revenue budget process.
- Advice and coach the client in other operational areas.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Hotel Management, Tourism or related field.
- 5 years of hands-on Revenue Management experience, preferably in a 3 star hotel and above.
- A strong command of both written and spoken English is required.
- Highly computer literate with a high level command of Excel.
- Knowledgeable of hotel technology: PMS, Channel Manager, GDS, CRS, Extranets
- Good analytical and numerical skills for fast data crunching.
- Ability to work under own initiative in a highly pressured environment.
- Good listening skills and the ability to anticipate business needs.
- Able to develop relationships with 3rd parties and the hotel teams.
- Capacity to read situation, understand environments and respond accordingly
- Capable of prioritizing between revenue generating actions and time consuming tasks with low yield impact.
- Well developed interpersonal, adaptive influencing and supervisory management skills
- Willingness to travel and ability to interact professionally with other cultures
- Mentality of client service and taking responsibility beyond direct duties.
- High level of motivation, determination and commitment.
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time Telephone number to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with Reservations and Revenue Manager on the Subject line.
Candidates MUST indicate their Current and Expected salaries.