RTI (www.rti.org) is an independent, non-profit organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition.
With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and multidisciplinary services.
Vacant Positions: Regional Strategic Information Leads
RTI is seeking seasoned Strategic Information professionals to fill position of Regional Strategic Information Leads in five geographical regions of – Eastern Africa, Western Africa, Southern Africa, Asia-Pacific and Caribbean.
We encourage candidates located in these regions to apply.
The Regional Strategic Information Leads will serve as part of a geographically distributed multidisciplinary team responsible for coordinating international projects, to provide technical assistance (TA) in health informatics to PEPFAR-supported countries – managing projects by overseeing the quality, responsiveness, and timeliness of projects according to RTI and US Center for Disease Control and Prevention standards; working with project teams in the United States, local collaborating partners and project teams in respective countries to develop innovative methodologies and technologies to improve the public health services
- Work closely with RTI headquarters and RTI continental regional offices.
- Work closely with CDC country office, ministries of health, and key stakeholders.
- Mobilize and manage implementation teams.
- Support host country review, design, develop, implement, use, and evaluate secure, standards-based, interoperable HIS for data-driven decision-making for program improvement, disease surveillance, and timely and accurate reporting. Systems include electronic medical records (EMRs), electronic registers, laboratory IS (LIS), human resource IS (HRIS), health management IS (HMIS), key population (KP) tracking, and case-based surveillance (CBS) systems.
- Support host country develop, implement, evaluate, or adopt country Digital Health strategies, governance, policies (including for privacy, confidentiality, and security), architecture, and information standards.
- Support host country develop health informatics capacity within leadership, health care workers (HCW), program implementers, and local organizations.
- Support host country monitor and evaluate HIS implementation to identify effective informatics practices, document lessons learned, and share the results with relevant community.
- Coordinate and support country project implementation teams in the assigned regional cluster.
- Maintain positive stakeholder relationships through collaboration, as well as prompt and frequent communication. Prepare components of project status reports for clients.
- Encourage the application of innovative technology to support solutions for HIS project challenges and goals.
Please follow the link provided below or visit RTI International Careers page for more information about the opportunities.
We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
*No applicant will ever be asked for any payment either to secure a role with RTI International or as a follow-up to having been awarded a position with RTI International. If anyone ever approaches you asking for any such payment, please immediately email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V