Job Title: Senior Internal Auditor
Purpose: To examine and evaluate our client’s internal controls and processes so as to ascertain whether associated risks are well managed.
- Provides professional audit work, individually or as a team leader, in conducting reviews of assigned organizational activities in accordance with Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Audit, and departmental standards;
- Prepares and reviews audit work papers and reports documenting the result of reviews of assigned activities and recommended management action;
- Prepares detailed plans for performing individual audits including the identification of key risks and controls, determination of audit objectives, and development of an appropriate audit program;
- Recommends budget, estimated time and skills required to complete audit projects;
- Summarize audit findings and discuss with Business Unit Head/management so as to obtain their comments and agree on action dates;
- Participates in reviews of internal controls and standard operating procedures;
- Identifies potential audit areas, assists with assessing the degree of inherent risk, and estimating the time and skills required to complete audit projects;
- Assists in the development and execution of a comprehensive audit plan based upon risk assessment, management’s goals and objectives;
- Assists with assessing the degree of inherent risk;
- Identify opportunities for cost savings and making recommendations for improving cost efficiencies;
- Perform or assist in the performance of special projects or studies including due diligence, acquisition reviews, benchmarking etc;
- Carry out fraud investigations;
- Assist in audit department policy updates;
- Any other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field;
- 5+ years’ professional working experience in an external or internal audit environment. Automotive/Hospitality industry highly preferred;
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA); CIA/CFE;
- Knowledge of International Standards on Auditing and Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Membership to professional bodies e.g. ICPAK, The IIA;
- Experience with electronic audit work paper technology;
- Fraud investigation experience; including interviewing, forensic accounting, and/or prosecution;
- Previous experience in the automotive and hospitality industry, is an added advantage;
How to Apply
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 19th Jan 2020.
Clearly indicate the job title.