East Africa Promotions Manager (Customer Activation Manager)
Sokowatch is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services.
By connecting small merchants to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services previously unavailable to informal businesses.
Sokowatch aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and Uganda use Sokowatch’s mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time.
We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Role: East Africa Promotions Manager, reporting to the Head of Revenue
We’re looking for an exceptional leader who is excited to partner with other teams to identify opportunities and implementing strategies that unlock our customers’ potential. You are passionate about marketing and analyzing complex problems with data.
With the goal of supplying billions of dollars of goods to over one million merchants across dozens of countries by 2024, you have the expertise on how to curate and effectively execute data-driven promotional strategies that enhance our customer engagement at scale.
Beyond technical abilities, you also know how to lead an effective and efficient team of analysts to implement first of its king promotional projects while delivering projects on-time.
We are seeking someone who is passionate about unlocking the potential of the informal economy through curated, data-driven customer engagement, and inspired by our mission to empower the local merchants responsible for over $600 billion of sales across Africa every year.
Can be based in any of our current markets below with travel expected at least 30% of the time:
- Kenya (Nairobi, Mombasa, Nakuru, Eldoret)
- Tanzania (Dar es Salaam, Arusha, Mwanza)
- Rwanda (Kigali)
- Uganda (Kampala)
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Curate merchant-focused, data-driven marketing and promotional strategies
- Oversee the execution of marketing and promotional campaigns
- Develop pricing strategies for products marketed to target customers
- Track and analyze the effectiveness of each campaign per the aligned KPIs
- Manage the coordination and alignment of campaigns with local sales teams
- Build and manage a team of highly efficient and productive analysts embedded in each country
- Seek out and establish third-party relationships that enhance our customer engagement
- Monitor KPIs to assess the team’s performance
- Use stakeholder feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to technology systems
The successful candidate will possess:
- 5+ years in marketing-related role in a growth-stage startup environment in e-commerce, logistics, or fintech
- Strong educational background in marketing/communications
- Passion for unlocking customer growth through data-driven marketing solutions
- Curator of unique experiences that challenge the market status quo
- Ability to align innovative and creative thinking with our business objectives
- Ability to lead and manage both in-person and international remote teams
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think outside the box
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Knowledge of current and upcoming trends
To apply for this position please submit your CV and a brief statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by 29th February 2020 clearly indicating the position on the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.