Job title: Digital Marketing Assistant
About Us: Sokowatch is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small shops to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services that were previously unavailable. Sokowatch aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across Kenya, Tanzania, and Rwanda use Sokowatch’s mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Position: Digital Marketing Assistant
We are looking for a highly organized, creative, meticulous and passionate individual who can effectively and successfully handle visual and written communication projects from initiation to completion. An individual who is passionate about social media and has a good understanding of the digital space.
Role & Responsibilities
- Create, implement and manage innovative social media campaigns tailored to drive traffic to career sites and job posting.
- Ensure adherence to our brand bible in all communication both internal and external communication
- Create a plan in line with the market trends and make sure we capitalize on any trending “lingo” which would make the brand more relatable.
- Measure the success of every social media campaign and provide constructive feedback on all social media platforms.
- Attend events that could boost the company’s online presence and make sure the brand is represented.
- Collaborate with other teams to develop communication that brings our people campaigns to life both internally and externally.
- Communicate with industry professionals and influencers via social media to create a strong network.
- Ensure customer engagement and feedback is provided 24/7 in a timely manner.
- Create and run fun campaigns in collaboration with the sales and people team.
- Degree in Marketing, Journalism or relevant field.
- Experience in digital marketing or an advertising-related position developing and implementing digital marketing strategies.
- Have a passion for digital marketing with excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, LinkedIn and meet targets of getting maximum exposure for the company.
- In-depth knowledge of various social media platforms, best practices, and website analytics.
- Highly creative with excellent analytical abilities.
- Experience with Adobe, mailchimp or any editing software desirable
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
What do you need to do?
If you have the passion, we have a place for you.
All you need is to share your updated CV and links to some of your work/blog to email@example.com.
Clearly indicate the title on the subject line by 30th January 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.