Swissport is an international organisation that provides ground handling services for around 230 million passengers and 4.1 million tonnes of cargo a year on behalf of some 835 client-companies in the aviation sector. Swissport is active at 280 airports in 48 countries on 5 continents.
Swissport Kenya Limited is recruiting for the position of Accounts Assistant based at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.
We are seeking a professional who will be part of a highly dynamic team charged with ensuring safe custody of company cash and cheque books and financial reporting in line with Swissport International Standards and in conformity with the Laws of Kenya.
The successful applicant will be detail oriented, have high energy, results oriented with a “can do” attitude” and possesses excellent communication skills.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure safe custody of company cheque books, legal documents and vehicle logbooks.
- Ensure prompt receipting of all cash, cheque and credit card sales proceeds as collected.
- Ensure prompt banking of all cash and cheque collections on daily basis.
- Monitor and control receipts for counter sales activities and ensure posting to the cash book.
- Monitor all counter sales activities ensuring that proceeds thereof are banked promptly and complete.
- Receive and check Counter Sales Reports and prepare timely payment to respective beneficiaries.
- Prepare payment vouchers and write cheques as required.
- Update cash books on daily basis ensuring positive bank balance is maintained at all times.
- Process payment vouchers and receipts in SAP and ensure accuracy of cash transactions data in the system.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of GL cash accounts to Cashbooks.
- Handle operational/office petty cash and reimbursements.
- Maintain proper filling system for receipts, cheque payments and bank statements and correspondence.
- Follow up and ensure all outstanding debtor balances are received within agreed credit terms.
- Receipt debtor payments and allocate in the system.
- Prepare weekly aged debt analysis report and discuss with the CFO.
- Prepare and despatch monthly customer statements and reconcile debtor accounts.
- Maintain customer files, update billing matrix and advise management when contracts are due for renewal.
- Any other duty that might be assigned to you by management from time to time.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Professional Qualification: At least CPA (2).
- Experience: At least 1-year relevant working experience.
- Proficiency in accounting software.
Application letter and CV only should be forwarded via email: NBO.Recruitment@swissport.com to:
The Human Resource Manager
Swissport Kenya Limited
P.O. Box 19177, 00501 Nairobi.
Clearly indicate on the subject line as “Accounts Assistant Application” and state your current and expected salary in the CV.
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available, and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. In case you do not hear from us, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Be part of the team that brings Swiss time to African soil!
Closing Date: January 28, 2020