Luxury Tour & Travel Company
Job Advertisement: Transport Officer
Reporting to the Transport Manager, the main role for this position is to assist in daily operations of Transport Department in a leading Luxurious Tour Company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in day to day operations of the Transport department.
- Monitor and ensure fleet operation is in compliance with transport governing rules and regulation
- Ensures motor vehicle certifications are up to date e.g Speed Governors, insurance policies and TLBS.
- Ensure that all vehicle accidents are well documented, and correspond with various insurance Companies regarding claims when such circumstances arise.
- Provides clerical support to expedite and maintain repair and work orders. Perform routine vehicle and equipment quality inspections.
- Schedule branding of all vehicles and with reference to the management.
- Streamline and monitor fuel purchase system with the assistance of Fuel Cards for all vehicles.
- Ensure adequate supplies are provided to drivers as per the Company’s requirements.
- Maintains accurate Transport records.
- Compile and submit accurate Transport report to the management.
Qualifications and Key Competencies
- Minimum of at least 3 years’ job experience in transport operations preferably in the hospitality/ Tour industry.
- Able to operate effectively in a high volume service driven transport operation.
- Good understanding of all relevant legal compliance and fleet controls. .
- Knowledgeable in all process compliance areas including; licensing and certification.
- Good knowledge in Quality controls.
- Full understanding of transport operational systems.
- Excellent Computer skills
- Good Team player
- Strong communication and analytical skills.
- Problem solving and prioritizing skills.
- People management skills.
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should apply by sending their CV and a Cover letter indicating the position on the subject line to email@example.com by 31 January 2020.