We are a brokerage firm dealing with general and health insurance business with a clientele base of Corporates, SMEs and individuals. We are looking to recruit a bright, talented professional with a passion for insurance to fill in the position of an Underwriter.
Scope: Underwriting and risk assessment within the set standards of service to ensure quality and timely client service.
- Review all applications for insurance – determine the profiles of risks presented to the company for insurance and assess their acceptability or otherwise.
- Writing quotes, negotiating terms and liaising with insurance firms and customers.
- Preparing insurance policies terms and conditions.
- Underwriting of new business by carrying out completeness and accuracy checks to ensure data is captured accurately in the application and systems;
- Handle queries from clients.
- Degree in Insurance, Finance, Actuarial Science or other related discipline.
- Professional Insurance certification will be essential.
- At least 3 years’ experience as an insurance underwriter.
- Knowledge of insurance concepts
- Knowledge of underwriting processes and procedures
- Good communication skills
- Good analytical skills
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to influence others.
- Numeracy and statistical skills.
- Problem solving skills and ability to work with tight deadlines.
How to Apply:
If you possess the above qualifications and skills, please send us your CV citing your expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org by 29th Jan 2020.
Use Underwriter as your email subject.
Please note only successful candidates will be contacted.