Job Vacancy: Accountant
Our client is an established veterinary company is seeking to hire an accountant to be based in Nairobi.
The accountant will wholly be responsible for maintaining all the books of accounts for company, as a team leader in the accounts department, will be responsible for training and coaching other accounting staff.
Major Functions / Accountabilities
1. Accounts Payable;
- Posting of suppliers invoices in the system.
- Preparing payment vouchers and reconciling creditor’s accounts to ensure accuracy.
- Ensure that all payments and purchases are properly supported and the laid down procedures are followed.
- Processing payments, Posting of Payments for Suppliers and other regular expenses for all the banks in the Accounting System and reconcile accounts payable transactions.
- Maintaining accounts payable files and records.
- Coordinating with international suppliers on payment and timely delivery of consignments and their pricing for sale in the branches
- Liaising with the purchasing department, clearing & forwarding agents on importations and their documentations to see everything is in place for the importation process.
- Prepare Payroll and ensure payment of the same to avoid delays and ensure compliance with statutory requirements.
3. Cash and Bank;
- Daily cash reconciliation on Cash, Mpesa, Credit card, Cheques among others.
- Preparation and banking of daily sales.
- Ensure proper management of petty cash and disbursements.
- Analyzing bank reconciliations on weekly basis to ensure correctness.
- Manage and reconcile the cash purchases im-prest.
- Responsible of all cashiers in the respective branches.
4. Accounts receivable;
- Maintaining the billing system and generating invoices, ensuring proper coding on documents and account statements and following up to ensure settlement.
- Generate financial statements and reports detailing accounts receivable status per client
- Maintaining accounts receivable files and records.
- Generate monthly, quarterly or annual financial statements and reports detailing paid and unpaid invoices and other accounts receivable activity.
5. Tax Management
- Ensure all related tax obligations – VAT, PAYE, WHT and statutory deductions are accurately accounted for, reported and respective payments remitted to the regulators and returns filed accordingly.
- Ensure all the Documentation and clearance of imports is compliant with all the regulators.
6. Financial Accounting and Controls
- Quick in responding to and dealing with all regions by way of email, telephone and any other mode of communication deemed fit by the company.
- Investigating and resolving any irregularities or enquiries in accounts.
- Assisting in general financial management and analysis.
- Ensuring maintenance of an efficient, proper and transparent financial filing system for the department and the organization.
- Providing accurate and timely management accounting reports and business performance data.
- Maintain internal controls and effective accounting system and policies for the organization.
- Preparation of the quarterly stock takes and report on the same.
- Support preparation of the monthly final accounts, trial balance statements and balance sheet to be presented to the Finance management/Management meeting every month.
- Participate in Internal and External Audit.
- Advice the management on financial matters.
- Any other duties that will be assigned by the Senior Management.
7. Project Accounting
- Preparation of all financial documents and reconciliations for every program as per the program requirements
- Capacity build the program staff on finance Requirements
- Advice the Project team on financial matters in regards to the program
- Any other duties that will be assigned by the Program Team Leader
8. Team Player / Company Ambassador
- Represent the company and Spread the word about our products and services.
Qualifications and Experience
- CPA-K or ACCA.
- Minimum 4 years’ relevant work experience.
- Knowledge and hands on experience with Quick-books accounting software.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Proactive approach to work and able to work with limited supervision.
How to Apply
Send your applications to Jobs@careermanagementcentre.com by 13th January, 2020.
Indicate the position title in the email subject