African Agricultural Technology Foundation (AATF)
Digital Communications Officer
AATF is an international not-for-profit organization that facilitates, and promotes public / private partnerships to access, develop, adapt and deliver appropriate agricultural technologies for sustainable use by smallholder farmers in Sub-Saharan Africa.
AATF works with African governments, private and public technology owners and developers, NGOs, seed companies and African farmers to identify and access technologies that will address farmers’ key problems and enhance their productivity. AATF is a registered charity under the laws of England and Wales and has host country status with the Government of Kenya.
The Foundation depends on the ongoing support and collaboration of different partners and investors to meet its objectives.
Under the supervision of the Communications & Partnerships Manager, the Digital Communications Specialist/Officer will lead in designing and implementing the Foundation’s digital media strategies and plans targeting internal and external audiences to gradually achieve desirable stakeholder engagement and traffic that will support AATF overall mandate.
S/He will work with other members of the communications unit to produce fully integrated online and offline campaigns. The Digital Communications Officer will help develop AATF’s digital media strategy, produce engaging social media content, updated web content and oversee coordination of AATF’s social media accounts.
Functions / Key Results Expected
- Develop, implement and monitor AATF’s digital media strategy including production of work plans and budgets, ensure content quality and delivery methods and remaining mindful of the key goal to inform, and connect with audiences to promote AATF’s mandate
- As a key member of the Communications Unit, participate in overall communications strategy and plan development processes, and guide on digital planning and editorial
- Work closely with all AATF project, program and advocacy leads to set forward-looking programming strategy for key audiences, including advising on appropriate staffing and training to ensure maximum digital skill sets across teams
- Actively seek to research projects, products, services, and current strategies to identify and utilise new opportunities for digital communications.
- Update the AATF website content including researching, writing and editing
- Oversee website design in line with AATF goals and branding
- Grow social media platforms ensuring quality content, audiences and engagement that will adequately advocate for the Foundation through content generation, editing and sharing including paid social advertising
- Moderate all user-generated content in line with agreed guidelines and support staff to successfully utilise the various platforms
- Create social media editorial calendars and syndication schedules
- Continuously improve by monitoring social media trends, identifying emerging issues and themes of interest and advising staff and management accordingly
- Demonstrated passion, interest and aptitude for online communication including interest in the internet, image software and search engine optimisation
- Ability to interact with a variety of stakeholders (customers, investors, research institutions, media, government institutions, etc.), and build and sustain relationships and alliances and influence growth of a social media utilisation culture
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Information Science or any other related disciplines from a recognized institution;
- At least Five (5) years’ experience with in-depth knowledge and understanding of digital communication platforms, Excellent writing and editing skills with ability to identify and effectively communicate information and ideas in written and video format.
- Advanced visual and design skills
- Advanced knowledge of design process and print production
- Mastery of knowledge of online and new media communications tools.
- Knowledge of software applications for web based solutions, social media platforms, and apps.
- Proven ability to plan and manage cross-functional initiatives.
- Proven ability to read and interpret data for reporting.
- Proven ability to generate and present standard reports.
- Fluency in written and spoken English. A working knowledge of French would be an added advantage
How to Apply
Qualified candidates are invited to log in to our website to obtain the full job description and application details and to send their applications on or before 4th March 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
They Must Clearly indicate on the email subject –Digital Communication Officer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
African Agricultural Technology Foundation is an equal opportunity employer; committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious and ethnic backgrounds and any other diversity groups to apply and become a part of our organization.