ACDI / VOCA
Job Title: Deputy Chief of Party / Technical Leader for Learning and Adaptive Management
Project: Resilience Learning Activity
Reports To: Chief of Party
Overview of Resilience Learning Activity: The Resilience Learning Activity (RLA) USAID/East Africa flagship learning award was fully executed effective October 1, 2019. It will support regional and country-level institutions to conduct and act upon resilience learning for key knowledge gaps in the Horn of Africa, contributing to the region’s Journey to Self-Reliance.
By building the capacity of institutions to improve analytical capacity, increase the evidence base for resilience programming, and strengthen CLA systems and networks, RLA will contribute to the HoRN’s objective to strengthen regional and cross-border collaboration and improve evidence-based learning.
Job Summary: This position combines the strategic leadership of a Deputy Chief of Party role with the technical expertise and nimble approach to institutional learning of the Technical Leader for Learning and Adaptive Management.
This role is responsible for providing technical leadership and direction in the implementation of learning and adaptive management interventions for the Resilience Learning Activity. He / She directly supervises the PREG/KW Coordinator.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Deputy Chief of Party
- Support the Chief of Party in providing leadership management and technical direction to staff, ensuring an integrated and common vision.
- Play a lead role in interacting with key stakeholders, including PREG development partners, government officials, and private sector partners.
- Ensure quality control and timeliness of all deliverables. Prepare and contribute to workplans financial, logistical, and other documents as requested to facilitate successful implementation of the program.
Technical Leader for Learning and Adaptive Management
- Provide technical leadership and direction in the implementation of learning and adaptive management approaches and interventions based on best practices and global learning.
- Support the development and test the efficacy of data visualization tools, methods, and analytics to foster learning and adaptive management.
- Leverage informational sources and innovative and well-established research methods including observations, assessments, surveys, and reports to drive learning and adaptive management.
- Oversee local organizations’ preparation and implementation of learning events, forums, platforms, conferences, and workshops.
- Oversee learning and adaptive management and organizational capacity building initiatives.
- Actively support internal and external learning processes, including activity implementation (and events) debriefing, identifying and analyzing lessons learned from technical activities. Manage short-term technical assistance in the areas of learning, instructional design, and institutional behavior change.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in project management
- Demonstrated expertise and a minimum of 5 years of experience in facilitating cross-sectoral (multidisciplinary) learning and adaptive management efforts.
- Demonstrated expertise and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in resilience programming preferred.
- Advanced degree in management, organizational development, instruction, education, communication, or related field.
- Thorough knowledge and demonstrated experience applying design thinking principles and tools to solve development challenges
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating multi-stakeholder, multi-sectoral learning and adaptive management efforts.
- Demonstrated experience developing content and coordinating learning events, as well as applying diverse adult and organizational learning including coaching, mentoring, peer-to peer, and others.
- Proven skills and expertise in women’s empowerment and gender-sensitive contexts.
- Superb interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Regional experience and thorough understanding of East African context preferred.
- Kenyan candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
- Fluent language skills in English.
Please submit a resume to HRKenya@acdivoca.org no later than March 06, 2020.
In the subject line, please include the position title.
Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer.
Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.