The Aga Khan Education Service, Kenya (AKESK) operates 11 schools in various cities in Kenya and provides nursery to senior secondary education in both the national and international curricula.
It is part of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of private development agencies working to improve living conditions and opportunities for people of all faiths and origins in specific regions of the developing world.
The Aga Khan Education Service, Kenya (AKESK)-welcomes applications for the following position:
2 Positions – Nairobi and Mombasa
Reporting to: Regional Facilities Manager and working in collaboration with head teachers and their senior management teams.
Position Summary: The Facilities Manager will have overall responsibility for overseeing the complete maintenance of all AKES-K facilities, (buildings and property) and initiate and manage all repairs and related construction projects as required.
S/He will also be required to oversee and manage health and safety related issues at all AKES-K schools in Nairobi and Mombasa respectively.
- Oversee the upkeep and maintenance of all facilities under AKES Nairobi and Mombasa respectively; conduct regular inspections, identify repairs needed and prepare a detailed yearly maintenance program;
- Implementation of facilities policies and procedures consistent with those of the organization to ensure efficient and safe operation of all the facilities.
- Oversee activities of contractors, tender processes with RFM, vendor personnel, and suppliers; monitor contracts for compliance and controls costs;
- Implement recommendations of Environment Management Audit Reports and Occupational, Safety and Health Audit Reports at the schools in collaboration with Regional Head of Security and Risk Management
- Prepare and manage annual school facilities and property and upkeep budgets
- Prepare and present Facilities reports on a timely basis for the review and guidance of HT’s and RFM;
- Develop and maintain emergency/disaster preparedness and recovery plans.
- Develop a comprehensive preventive maintenance program
- Oversee and monitor the work of staff that are part of the facilities management team
- Prepare and update registers for all AKES-K properties and maintain as-built drawings of the properties (approved architectural drawings, title documents etc
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelors degree in Civil, Electrical, Structural or Mechanical engineering and knowledge of construction standards, laws and regulations is required.
- At least five years’ experience as a clerk of works
- Good understanding of, and experience in project management.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their application letter, CV, copies of their certificates and testimonials demonstrating how their experience fits the position to email@example.com so as to be received by Friday 28th February,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.