Welthungerhilfe / German Agro Action is an International NGO operating in various Counties in Kenya and is currently looking for qualified personnel to fill the following position for a fixed term period to be based at our Western Region – Kakamega and Bungoma Field Offices.
Agricultural Field Officer
1 Post – Kakamega
To qualify as an Agricultural Field Officer, the candidate must possess the following: –
- BSc in Agribusiness, Agricultural Education & Extension, Agricultural Economics or related field, from a recognized university;
- Diploma in Agricultural Education & Extension, Agricultural Economics or related field, from a recognized university.
- a minimum 2-years of progressive experience in setting up and implementing livelihoods or income generating projects preferably with an NGO.
- Experience in implementing soil protection projects
- Experience working with local implementing partners, Farmer Based Organizations county governments, donors and local communities;
- Ability to conduct educational trainings that provide farmers with information that can help them improve agricultural productivity and marketing.
- Excellent computer skills
- Community Mobilization skills highly required
- Good communicator with analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of local languages (Kakamega) will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their applications which should include a one-page cover letter clearly stating their motivation, qualifications, salary expectation, a must and detailed CV with contact details of three professional referees.
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applications must only be through email to:
The Human Resources Manager,
Welthungerhilfe / German Agro Action,
P.O Box 38829-00623
- Application deadline: 20th February 2020
- Availability should be immediate.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted