Job Vacancy: Medical Laboratory Technologist
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an international non-profit, nongovernmental organization committed to conducting high quality and policy-relevant research on population, health, education and development issues facing sub-Saharan Africa.
The APHRC through its Health and Systems for Health (HSH) Unit invites applications for a Medical Laboratory Technologist for Africa, Wits-INDEPTH Partnership for GENomic studies (AWIGEN) Phase II study to examine environmental and genomic risk factors for cardiometabolic diseases and other comorbidities in African populations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruiting, preparing study participants and collecting specimen from study participants
- Receiving and scrutinizing laboratory requisition forms/specimens
- Labelling and registering specimens
- Performing point of care test
- Processing specimen according to specified standard operating procedures (SOP)
- Storing blood products according to standard requirements including cold chain maintenance
- Observing laboratory safety procedures
Qualifications and Requirements
- A Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences from an institution recognized by the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technician and Technologists Board (KMLLTB)
- Registration certificate and a valid practicing license issued by the KMLTTB
- Proficiency in Computer packages e.g. Ms Word, Excel etc
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili (verbal and written)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal and report writing skills
- The ideal candidate should be prepared to work full time for the duration of the project between April and December 2020
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter together with a CV with contact details of three referees.
Applications should be submitted as attachments via e-mail to email@example.com to reach us by close of business March 03, 2020.
Please indicate ‘Medical Lab technologist AWIGEN phase II’ on the subject line of the email.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICANTS ARE NOT REQUIRED TO MAKE ANY PAYMENTS TO ANYONE DURING ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.
APHRC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the protection of children.