Job Vacancy: Study Nurse
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an international non-profit, non-governmental organization committed to conducting high quality and policy-relevant research on population, health, education and development issues facing sub-Saharan Africa.
The APHRC through its Health and Systems for Health (HSH) Unit invites applications for a study nurse for Africa, Wits-INDEPTH Partnership for GENomic studies (AWIGEN) Phase II study to examine environmental and genomic risk factors for cardiometabolic diseases and other comorbidities in African populations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The incumbent will provide quality ultrasound services to assist in the screening of study participants.
- Perform high quality ultrasound examinations for screening participants
- Reviewing and analyzing reports for study participants while observing quality standards
- Take care of the ultrasound equipment and ensure it is in good working condition
- Keep updated records and databases of assigned work
- Regularly file reports on project activities
Qualifications and Requirements
- Diploma in Nursing or its equivalent from a recognised institution
- Registration with Nursing Council of Kenya (NCK)
- Valid practicing license from Nursing Council
- Proficiency in computer applications e.g. Ms. Word, Excel
- The ideal candidate should be prepared to work full time for the duration of the study between April and December 2020
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter together with a CV with contact details of three referees.
Applications should be submitted as attachments via e-mail to email@example.com to reach us by close of business February 25, 2020.
Please indicate ‘Study Nurse AWIGEN Phase II’ on the subject line of the email.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICANTS ARE NOT REQUIRED TO MAKE ANY PAYMENTS TO ANYONE DURING ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.
APHRC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the protection of children.