Job Title: Assistant Accounts Receivable
Job Location: Mombasa
Job Summary: We are seeking to hire a detail-oriented, analytical Accounts Receivable Professional to assist the department as it receives, processes, and collects goods sold or services rendered.
The Accounts Receivable Professional will work closely with internal departments to ensure that accounts are properly billed and that payments are collected on time. You will also review account information, correct discrepancies, and speak to clients to establish better payment terms.
Duties and responsibilities
- Maintaining up-to-date billing systems and carrying out billing duties.
- Generating and sending out invoices.
- Allocating, following up, and collecting payments.
- Reporting all daily work-related activities.
- Following very specific and strict deadlines.
- Performing account reconciliations and monitoring the customers’ account details.
- Being on the look-out for delayed or missed payments and other such irregularities.
- Researching and resolving payment discrepancies.
- Reviewing account statuses and generating age analyses
- Ensuring compliance with the company’s procedures
- Investigating and solving customer complaints and queries
- Processing account and company adjustments
- Keeping business up to date with all policy changes
- Developing or following an already established recovery system
- Communicating with customers through means such as phone, email, or face to face
- Assisting with closing at the end of every month and preparing monthly metrics and statistics
- Using various pieces of software to keep track of data
- Supervising and keeping track of trust accounts, payment reversals, and write-offs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 4 – 6 years accounts receivable experience
- Minimum CPA 3 Qualification.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles, regulatory standards and compliance requirements
- Proficiency in MS Office, including the ability to operate computerized accounting and spread sheet programs
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality
- Excellent data entry skills
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Effective verbal, listening and written communication skills
- Effective organizational, stress and time management skills
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
- Customer service and negotiation skills
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to strictly email their cover letter and CV, to email@example.com by 13th March, 2020.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.