Job Title: Assistant Marketing Manager
Reporting line: Chief Commercial Officer
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Profile Introduction: Support the development and implementation of the organization’s activation plan that supports the objectives of the brand and the customer. Generate competitive advantage through the implementation of brand solutions and activities for the Customer.
- Brand Management: Lead and drive the formulation, implementation and evaluation of brand strategies as well as the brand plans in order to maintain the organizational brand; Engage, support and provide direction to the marketing team on key brand plan objectives and strategies to deliver.
- Trade and Consumer Advertising: Develop trade and consumer advertising strategy and plan in consultation with key internal and external stakeholders; Brief agencies and suppliers on requirements to ensure consistency with overall brand strategy/plans, Implement the advertising plan, in accordance with the guidelines of the brand plans and manage business partners and cross-functional partners in delivering campaigns (PR, events, digital, POS, promotions.
- Project Management and Execution: Lead and drive projects on brands including but not limited to promotions by ensuring sound communication with all key internal and external stakeholders on all projects and initiatives. Ensure the execution of projects in accordance with key milestones and deadlines.
- Stakeholder Management: Nurture collaborative working relationships with all key teams (operations, finance, commercial and others), participate in key personal development activities including but not limited to regular market visits with the commercial teams in addition to involvement in key events/activities e.g. sponsorships.
- Performance review: Monitor advertising and promotional spend and evaluate the effectiveness of the advertising plan by assessing the overall Return On Investment (ROI) against the allocated budget. Analyze the performance of the marketing campaigns through visualizing data gathered from the marketing campaigns in an easy-to-understand way and presents this information to the Chief Commercial Officer and other parties involved management.
- Social Media Management: Keep up a strong social media presence on channels like Facebook, Instagram and Twitter through generating content for the social media that is relevant and appealing to the local target audience. Manage and oversee the social media content schedule and align the social media communication strategy with the overall marketing strategy; Find and implement exciting partnerships or giveaways with local brands and events and stays up to date with latest social media trends and topics as well as suggest and implement campaigns that bring value to the business.
- Client Relationship Management: Build and maintains relations with customers and key personnel within the organization and serves as the liaison between the customer and internal departments to ensure the customer’s needs are fulfilled effectively.
Competencies and Attributes
- Strategic Orientation;
- Commercial Acumen;
- Stakeholder & Relationship Management;
- Project Management & Planning and Organization Skills;
- Creative and Innovative Thinking;
- Leadership skills.
- Bachelor degree in sales and marketing or related field;
- Previous experience working in the FMCG industry;
- At least 5 years’ working experience in Marketing with demonstrable track record;
- A member of the Marketing Society of Kenya (MSK) or related body.
How to Apply
If you are qualified and up to the challenge please apply by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Assistant Marketing Manager by 5pm 11th February 2020.
Kindly attach your CV in word format.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.