Crop Science is a division in Bayer East Africa, a subsidiary of Bayer AG, and one of the world’s leading innovative crop science companies in the areas of crop protection, non-agricultural pest control, seeds and traits, seeks to recruit qualified and experienced individuals to fill the following positions:
Customer and Channel Data & Insights Analyst – East Africa & West Central Africa
Ref No.: 2020/HR/CS-001
Reporting to the Customer Engagement & BI Lead Africa, the position holder will be responsible for enabling customer centric strategy and sales execution through data analytics and customer insight, providing necessary support, data and insights to establish an effective and efficient route to market and sales organization and collaborating with stakeholders throughout the Crop Science division; to build a holistic view of the analytical requìrements and align it with the organizations strategy .
Major Tasks and Responsibilities
- Use internal and external data to highlight market and business trends to increase profits and efficiency
- Responsible for collecting insight through different means, from mining the company data sources and industry trends to help develop insight on company position and suggest improvements and changes to drive business and profitability.
- Plan and manage the budgets for the research projects accordingly to ensure that actual spend does not exceed the planned budget
- Develop Insights to support Go-to-market strategies, customer engagement, campaign activation, crop teams and cluster strategies.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to create a mechanisms and platforms for tracking strategy execution through a set of KPls.
- Analise research finding and translate into concrete suggestions and actions to be used in Go-to-market strategies, campaign actIvation and sales tactics
- Support country group sales teams with channel partner mapping and channel-product visibility
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders in the implementation of key business enablers such as account planning, track and trace, affiliate programs etc.
- Implement standard and approved customer segmentation to drive prioritization and business growth
- Responsible for Improving customer experience through:
- Developing customer journey maps and segmentation with identification of customer pain points and key touchpoints,
- Collect customer feedback .
- Able to make decisions and provide direction to business in order to improve customer expeìence.
- Use Probability of Purchase and Recently/Frequency I Monetary Value models based on CRM data to predict future customer buying behavior (loyalty and churn).
- Develop ongoing analysis of reasons for customer chum and recommendations to minimize it
- Monitor CRM sales data quality and implement actions to ensure sound and reliable customer data
- Provide support for account planning through data analytics, dashboards, reports etc.
- Communicate and provide trainings for countries to understand and implement customer segmentation
- Capture and anticipate grower and sales trends through data tracking and analytics. Manage Marketing résearch projects as and when required with the Identified research companies.
- Have the ability to operate individually and work independently. Able to manage project team members in a matrix organization.
Experience / Qualification
- Tertiary qualifications Bachelors in Business (BBA) or Bsc computer science with majors preferable in the following (project management data, science, statistics, software development or BI related).
- Minimum 3 years sales, marketing and/or agronomic experience. .
- Experience in CRM, data management and analytics is preferred.
- Agricultural background, experience in the seed, crop protection and/or biotechnology industry is preferred.
- Technical Skills: HTML5, SQL, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, R, Power Bi, Tableu
- Good Microsoft Office skills (Excel / Power Point / Word) a prerequisite.
- Highly motivated, creative, dynamic and well organized.
- Good business and strategic acumen required.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Fluent in English, oral and written, Is required.
- Customer centric and market oriented.
- Experience with project planning and execution
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks with associated deadlines for deliverable results.
- Proven ability to influence effectively in a diverse organization and works well in teams.
- Ability to work well across both commercial and smaliholder farmer markets
Position Grade: V.S 1.1
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements, please send your application letter, a detailed CV with three professional referees contact not later than 21st February 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications received after the stated date above will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.