The Catholic Diocese of Nakuru (CDN) Caritas Office, wishes to recruit a highly motivated, competent, honest and remarkably talented Projects Officer.
Job Ref: CDN/HR/018/112/2020
The Projects Officer shall report to the Caritas Director and is expected to possess the following key competencies: be a team player, exhibit high levels of professionalism, possess high levels of integrity, be honest and dependable, be able to maintain high levels of confidentiality, possess project management and administrative skills, be willing to learn, be willing to work under minimum supervision and be able to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
Key Result Areas
- Efficiency and effectiveness.
- Stewardship of diocesan resources.
- In liaison with the Programmes, Parishes and Institutions, conduct participatory needs assessment to identify new areas of intervention; and facilitate the preparation of projects proposals, budgets and reports in line with the established standards and guidelines set by the diocese and the Project partners
- Spearhead monitoring and evaluation for the various projects implemented in the diocese
- Spearhead data collection, analysis, generation of information relevant for decision making and maintain an effective data bank
- Participate in planning, organizing and capacity building of communities in project management and resource mobilization
- Collaborate with other stakeholders in project management and implementation, especially the government, CBOs, NGOs and FBOs
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Caritas Director
Qualifications and Experience
- The holder of this office should possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Community Development and Project Management, or Sociology, or Development Studies, or Social Ministry, or Project Management from a recognized university.
- A Post graduate Diploma qualification in Project Management will be an added advantage.
- Must have at least 3 years progressive work experience in community development work, participatory Project Planning, Implementation, Monitoring & Evaluation, resource mobilization and community participatory approaches.
- Experience in Social Research methods (data collection and analysis for community projects) will be an added advantage.
- Experience, knowledge and skill in networking and collaboration with NGOs, church funding agencies, other funding agencies and government ministries is desirable.
- Must possess good interpersonal, communication, report writing and presentation skills.
- Must have excellent computer skills.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications, enclosing a detailed CV, copies of academic testimonials, names of three referees and day time telephone contacts to:
Human Resource Director
Catholic Diocese of Nakuru
P.O. Box 938 – 20100
or E-mail us – email@example.com
So as to be received by Friday, 6th March 2020
Kindly indicate Current & Expected consolidated salary in your application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Catholic Diocese of Nakuru is an equal opportunity employer