Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK)
Promoting access to quality health care
Job Vacancy: Head of Finance & Administration
CHAK is a national network of the Protestant Churches Health Facilities and Programmes in Kenya committed to promoting access to quality health care.
CHAK is seeking to recruit a dynamic, self-driven professional accountant of integrity to head the Finance & Administration Department.
The position reports to the General Secretary and is based at CHAK Secretariat in Nairobi.
- Provide leadership to Finance & Administration Department
- Prepare annual budgets and present them to Finance Committee of the Board
- Monitor budget implementation and submit quarterly reports to Finance Committee
- Responsible for all accounting functions and financial reporting
- Ensure compliance with Finance Policy, statutory requirements and Donor Partners’ agreements
- Maintain Assets Register
- Coordinate annual external audits and other projects’ external audits as required by Donors
- Support mobilization of resources through investments, business development and projects
- Prepare monthly management accounts and present quarterly reports to Finance Committee
- Ensure timely financial reporting to Donor Partners
Qualification and Requirements
- A member of ICPAK in good standing
- Degree in Commerce, Economics or its equivalent from a recognized university
- CPAK or its equivalent
- MBA/MSc in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Investment will be an added advantage
- At least 10 years relevant work experience in senior financial management position in a reputable organization
- Knowledge and experience in accounting computer applications/software
- Experience in Donor Grants management, accounting and reporting
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
How to Apply
Applications with detailed CV with names & contacts of 3 referees and copies of relevant professional certificates should be sent to CHAK Secretariat by post or Email using the contacts below;
The General Secretary
P.O. Box 30690 – 00100 GPO Nairobi
Tel. (020)4441920 / 0733-334419
The closing date for receiving all applications is March 6, 2020
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.