We are Hiring!
Our client deals with the importation and distribution of both alcoholic and non-alcoholic brands in the East African region.
They are looking to fill the position of a Chief Accountant.
Job Purpose: The Position holder will be responsible for aid managerial planning and decision-making tasks by providing appropriate financial information and undertaking related accounts administration, advising managers about the financial implications of business decisions to aid growth and profit.
Main Responsibilities of Job
The job holder will be responsible for:
- Independently overseeing the accounts department within the organization
- Formulating annual budgets in close relation with departments for approval
- Analyzing and forecasting critical financial performance indicators such as cash flow, cost controls and actual figures against budgets/targets and conveying these analyses to the Managing
- Director and recommend corrective actions where needed
- Ensuring optimal investment of excess funds to maximize investment income and all statutory returns are filed in a timely manner
- Instrumental in facilitating the auditing process and liaising with external auditors.
- Managing all activities in relation to Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Creating and implementing internal accounting and finance policies and procedures in line with international standards
- Liaising with managerial staff and other colleagues
- Negotiating and obtaining finance for major projects
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration, economics or any other business-related subject. Qualification as a Certified Public Account (CPA) or ACCA is a mandatory requirement.
- An MBA in Financial or Business Management, Economics, Commerce or any other related field is highly desirable.
- Have at least 10 years of accounting experience
- Must have proficiency in SAP
- Must have demonstrable hands-on experience in working with accounting regulations, reporting requirements and Kenyan Tax Laws
Technical Competencies: –
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization with strong ability to influence positively both upwards and downwards.
- Should be detail orientated with a hands-on approach; strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis.
- Must have high level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Excellent analytical and numerical abilities
- Accuracy and an attention to detail
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the subject heading “CHIEF ACCOUNTANT” by Friday 13th March 2020 clearly indicating their current and expected remuneration (MUST).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.