Our Client in the construction industry dealing with the manufacturing and sale of concrete products seeks to hire a manager who will be responsible for generating sales and income to assure profitable and sustainable growth and general operations of the business.
Position Title: Business Development & Operations Manager
Reports to: Board
Salary: Ksh. 150,000.00 Per month
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Leadership, Strategy & Compliance
- Set the ambition – define the roadmap – Follow up achievement and Profit and Loss statements impacts and propose adaptation to the board accordingly.
- Propose and deploy a commercial and marketing plan – understand client need to adapt the offer – create a route to market the offer at a bigger scale.
- Ensure the fundamentals are met: compliance with government regulations, reporting and financials.
- Identify areas of improvement in the company and assist in creating and implementing solutions.
- Manage the accountant, tender assistant and other operations staff in the team
Business Growth and Development
- Identify new business opportunities – including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, products and services.
- Develop marketing plans that effectively execute the product development.
- Ensuring participants involved in process adhere to agreed timelines and company’s Tender SOP is complied with.
- Ensure that business development documents used by the company are well organized and easily auditable.
- React to system inefficiencies and resolve issues quickly to ensure seamless service operations.
- Manage relationship with external vendors. Liaise with vendors and businesses to manage contracts and services.
Financial Management and Reporting
- Managing the accountant and ensuring taxes and other deductions are done on time
- Manage the budget and ensure all expenses are according to budget, including accountability and good governance.
- Develop appropriate and supportive communication structures with relevant stakeholders (e.g. customers, county and government officials, and other organizations).
- Participate in coordination meetings, internal trainings, and other working groups and feeding back on relevant issues.
- Project Management skills
- High-level communication and interpersonal skills
- Stakeholder management skills
- Negotiation and persuasion skills
- Conflict resolution
- The ability to self-motivate and motivate a team
- Experience working to and exceeding targets
- Experience with design and implementation of business development strategy
- Business intelligence
- A bachelor’s degree in business management with a specialty in marketing
- At least above 30 years
- 2 to 5 years’ hands on working experience in a closely related role
- Significant experience in leading a start up to profitable growth
- Business management: income generation, organizational growth, managing budget, finance (forecasting, budget, Profit and Loss statements), business entity/law/contracts, sales capacity, strategic planning.
- Team management (leadership, motivation, team efficiencies & development)
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly quoting ‘Business Development & Operations Manager’ on the email subject not later than 1st March 2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Career Management is a proud equal opportunity and does not discriminate the applicants on any basis.
We don’t charge any fee.