Our client, a large cooperative organization, with has its head office located in Meru County seeks to recruit a suitably qualified person to fill the position of ICT Officer.
Ref No ICT/2
Duties & Responsibilities
Reporting to the ICT Manager, the ICT Officer shall have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, operating systems and applications;
- Advise end users on how to resolve application malfunctions;
- Development and enhancement of relevant user standards, security measures;
- Maintain a database of user problems and queries and making regular follow up of them;
- Maintain and confirm the validity of backups;
- Assist in effecting both preventive and corrective maintenance, and implement hardware and software maintenance requirements and upgrades;
- Maintenance of backups, software library and the related documentation;
- Assist to ensure start and end of day procedures and regular maintenance of the databases;
- Analyze user requirements in all functional areas and ensures that they are met;
- Ensure that regular systems upgrades including system software upgrades are effected for optimum performance;
- Ensure accuracy and reliability of information while providing security to protect data from damage and unauthorized access;
- Analyze technical requirements in all functional areas, designing procedures to meet those requirements, and ensuring that the procedures are implemented effectively and efficiently;
- Set up the communication infrastructure to provide effective, efficient interaction within a prescribed user area;
- Liaise with hardware and network support in resolving cross cutting system problems;
- Assist in trouble shooting all ICT equipment including basic LAN/WAN related components;
- Assist in the implementation of relevant hardware standards, security measures, procedures and guidelines.
Skills, Attributes & Competencies
The ideal candidate will be required to have the following skills, attributes and competencies:
- Must be a holder of a Bachelor’s degree in Information technology or computer science from a recognized university;
- A diploma in software development will be an added advantage;
- Must have attained a C+ in KCSE;
- Have demonstrated high level of innovation and creativity;
- Ability to explain technical issues to non-technical users;
- Minimum 4 years’ relevant working experience;
- Must be above 30 years of age;
- Must have worked in a FMCG.
How to Apply
If you are interested in the above positions, kindly submit your applications as per the instructions below.
- CLICK HERE to download the online form (open with latest adobe reader).
- Must indicate the Job Reference Number on the application form.
- The form must be submitted by end of 29th February 2020.