Danish Refugee Council
Regional Peace Building Coordinator
The Regional Peace Building Coordinator will be responsible for working with Danish Demining Group Regional Head of Programme and other country and regional staff to develop relevant and effective programming in the areas of stability, fragility and resilience, and to ensure quality programming delivery.
Further, the position will engage with key technical counterparts in other agencies, donor focal points and the technical disciplines within the broader DRC/DDG organisation at both country, regional, and global levels.
- At least 5 years programming experience in the areas of security governance, conflict management, social cohesion or stabilisation;
- MA ¡n Peace, Conflict, Security, Development Studies, War Studies or related degree;
- Minimum of 5 years working experience at an international level with development, humanitarian or stabilisation agencies;
- Minimum of 5 years field experience in conflict affected areas;
- experience in East Africa and Great Lakes is an advantage;
- Strong contextual understanding of the East Africa and Great Lakes region;
- At least five years prior experience ¡n staff mentoring, coaching and/or training;
- Proven experience ¡n project management, including planning and project development, budget management, reporting, staff management and monitoring and evaluation;
- Excellent communication skills in English and French is required;
- Knowledge of regional languages desirable.
Qualified candidates are invited to access full job description on this link www.drc.ngo under vacancies.
Please submit applications online on this link by 5 March, 2020