Welthungerhilfe / German Agro Action is an International NGO operating in various Counties in Kenya and is currently looking for qualified personnel to fill the following position for a fixed term period to be based at our Western Region – Kakamega and Bungoma Field Offices.
Deputy Project Manager
1 Post – Kakamega
To qualify as a Deputy Project Manager, the candidate must possess the following:
- Minimum university degree in Agriculture – Soil Protection/Science.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Project Management
- Master’s degree in agriculture/Project Management or related field will be an added advantage
- At least 5 years of professional work experience in a similar position (proven project expertise on topics related to soil health/protection) in an NGO set up.
- People management skills: At least having attended a leadership training that lasted for more than 5 days.
- Project co-ordination and management skills.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Knowledgeable in operational planning, quality control and supervision.
- Good knowledge on Project monitoring, evaluation and reporting (PMER).
- Experience in development cooperation.
- Excellent report and proposal writing skills
- Experience working with county government ministries.
- Excellent insight of legislative agricultural management in the country.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their applications which should include a one-page cover letter clearly stating their motivation, qualifications, salary expectation, a must and detailed CV with contact details of three professional referees.
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applications must only be through email to:
The Human Resources Manager,
Welthungerhilfe / German Agro Action,
P.O Box 38829-00623
- Application deadline: 20th February 2020
- Availability should be immediate.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted