Job Vacancy: Training Officer
Job Ref: DP/TO/5
About our client: Our client, DPO Group is the leading online payment company across the continent who serves the travel, tourism and hospitality sector (with more sectors in the pipeline). They are leaders in technology, innovation, responsibility and leadership. Their company culture is modern and inspired. They are purveyors of advancing technology.
They are looking for a Training Officer to be based in their headquarters in Nairobi. S/he will be responsible for the learning and professional development of DPOs workforce. They are focused on
equipping staff with the knowledge, practical skills and motivation to carry out their work activities effectively.
They assist with the coordination and organisation of professional development and special events by providing administrative support to the department and division as a whole.
Scope and Complexity
The Training Officer is an individual who handles daily administration and coordination of training initiatives and executes the day to day operations of L&D that emanate from the Group’s overall L&D strategy. Approximately 90% of the role involves L&D and 10% is General Talent Administration.
- Design and expand training and development programmes based on the needs of the organization and the individual
- Coordinate the day-to-day administration and logistics of the scheduled face-to-face and online training courses
- Consider the costs of planned programmes and keep within budgets
- Plan and assess the ‘return on investment’ of any training or development programme
- Develop effective induction programmes for new staff and work together with all trainers in the success of the same
- Work with each Division to develop Training Manuals for their processes and operations as well as various products and services
- Compile/develop with the Talent Manager/Training Manager the monthly training plan to the business
- Compile and update training attendance registers
- Source for external training providers as per requirements and manage the relationship between them and DPO
- Work with Group Training Manager and Talent Manager to identify training venues and organize training
- Maintain e-learning platform by submitting reports on level of engagement with various courses on the platform
- Compile training reports as required
- Ensure compliance with NITA by submitting monthly training levies and requesting reimbursement for training initiatives
- Facilitate the streaming and recording of training initiatives for remote teams where necessary.
- Provide support to the Talent Manager on other areas where appropriate
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or any other relevant degree
- Understanding of MS Office Packages
- Tech savvy with a passion for technology
- 2 years L&D / training admin experience
- A good understanding of payments and the e-commerce industry is an added advantage
- Experience in Event Management (Seminars, Workshops or Conferences) would be an added advantage
- Desire to learn and a passion to impart knowledge to others
- Innovative: Ability to develop ideas to enhance employee’s learning experience in DPO by making it engaging and impactful
- Oral & Written Communications: Ability to express oneself to provide information to others effectively, recognizing that communication is more than just a language that includes tone, style and structure
- Innovation: Ability to come up with new ideas
- Teamwork: Ability to work with and through others
- Adaptability: Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with ever changing demands
- Ethically strong: Ability to interact with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Good Numerical Skills
- Initiative and Proactivity: Be a self-starter who is able to see the bigger picture and take initiative to ensure the success of training in the organization
- Ability to work under pressure, to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to handle clerical tasks and a keen eye for detail
Remuneration: An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
CLICK HERE to apply online quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.
ONLY short listed candidates will be contacted