Equity Group Foundation
Agriculture Field Manager
In line with enhancing career progression of staff and to support business growth, we seek to recruit qualified, experienced, self-driven, highly motivated and passionate candidate to fill the position outlined below within Equity Group Foundation.
Role Description: Regional Manager are an integral part in the implementation FASRAT (Financial Access to SMEs and Rural Population in Agriculture using Technology) project.
The project aims at enhancing access to financial services by building financial education, entrepreneurship capacities of 60,000 farmers and 5,000 SMEs.
The Regional Manager shall be responsible in implementation of project and supervision of the project staff in the respective regions.
- Manage a group of Agriculture Field Officers and support them in project implementation.
- Review and monitor Agriculture Field Officers monthly workplans, training schedules, expense claims and performance against set targets
- Develop viable materials/ lessons learnt and best practices with the support of Agriculture Field Officers that will increase the awareness and understanding of the project.
- Organize and coordinate project team activities where appropriate (e.g. regional meetings, workshops, trainings and field days).
- Represent Equity Group Foundation in the area of agriculture / Development Programme to other Equity staff, partners and stakeholders.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly status reports and give regularly feedback to Senior Program Manager and the Branch Manager
- University degree in Agriculture, Agribusiness, development studies or related fields and a preference for a Masters in Agri-Business related course
Skills / Experience Required
- + 7 years of experience executing agricultural programs with regional and national organizations
- Ability to achieve excellent results in the training program and grasp practical and theoretical knowledge of management, planning and implementation and evaluation of farming operations
- Good understanding of crop husbandry from establishment to harvest of the major crops
- Good understanding of Good Agricultural Practices.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of the Agriculture value chain Kenya
- Good Knowledge and understanding financial services for agriculture in Kenya
- Ability to evaluate challenges at the farm level and work to coordinate implementation of the program both in crop and livestock management
- Excellent communication skills, both writing and verbal, strong analytical and quantitative skills, and demonstrated problem-solving ability
- Excellent attention to detail with good organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
Deadline: February 21, 2020