Equity Group Foundation
Agriculture Field Officer
In line with enhancing career progression of staff and to support business growth, we seek to recruit qualified, experienced, self-driven, highly motivated and passionate candidate to fill the position outlined below within Equity Group Foundation.
Role Description: Agriculture Field Officers will act as an integral part of implementing FASRAT Project. The project aims at enhancing access to financial services by building financial education, entrepreneurship capacities of 60,000 farmers and 5,000 SMEs.
The field officer will be responsible in recruitment, and supporting the project target beneficiaries by implementing different interventions across the regions.
- Recruit farmers and SMEs per the project targets.
- Train farmers in crop, animal production, financial education and other areas per the training needs assessment.
- Implement project interventions to ensure that the project beneficiaries can access financial services.
- Provide agriculture extension and support to farmers
- Represent Equity Group Foundation in the area of agriculture / Development Programme to other Equity staff and local partners.
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly status reports and regularly give feedback to Regional Manager and the Branch Manager.
- University degree in Agriculture, Agribusiness, development studies or related fields and a preference for related course
- 3-5 years experience in implementation of agriculture projects
- Solid knowledge and understanding of the Agriculture value cha//8in in Kenya
- Good knowledge and understanding of financial services for agriculture sector in Kenya.
- Good understanding of crop and livestock husbandry in the entire production cycle.
- Hardworking, result oriented with social skills for initiating and managing relationships with project partners and stakeholder.
- Excellent communication skills, both writing and verbal
- Flexible to adjust to work schedules and priorities to meet deadlines, multitask assignments and work in a dynamic environment
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
Deadline: February 27, 2020