Job Title: Finance Manager
Key Performance Indicators
- Timely and accurate generation of key reports for the General Manager in compliance with the reporting calendar.
- KRA: meeting current obligations and have agreement for outstanding balances as well as discussions began on waiver on penalties and interest
- Produce a weekly report showing high level health check of the overall business
- Build a solid team structure to support the business of the future
- Create manuals for the finance department
- All closing balances should be reconciled and there shouldn’t be a discrepancy of more than Kes 75,000
- Follow up with auditors and ensure the audited report is ready for review by shareholders and returns are filed on time
- Create a solid payables and receivables structure that controls processes in the business from procurement all the way to collections
- Maintain direct costs between 28 & 31% and operational costs at 45% of net sales
- Integrity of numbers: all numbers are accurate and can be shared with bank and potential investors
- Management report to be submitted by 2nd of every subsequent month to allow for sufficient time for review and the business to make the necessary changes.
- In terms of personality we require someone with an entrepreneurial mindset meaning they’re hungry for growth with a long term view. Integrity is key since we are keen on getting out of the hole the honest way.
- Good supplier relationships with signed off payment plans on the top 10 highest debts
- Business has sufficient cash to meet its obligations, at all times and excess cash invested profitably.
- Bank relations managed efficaciously.
- Accurate and up-to-date accounting records that comply with set accounting standards as prescribed by management,
- Realistic budgets compiled and budget variance monitored to ensure that (unapproved) variance is maintained under approved levels.
- Cost reduction targets met and/or exceeded
- Financial systems work efficiently and support information management, communication and reporting.
- Management accounts prepared and analyzed for the management team on monthly basis
- Costing templates prepared for new and existing products
- Continually reviewing and upgrading accounting systems and procedures in line with the company’s operating systems, internal control requirements and shareholder instructions.
- Put the necessary financial plans in place, including budgets and implementing appropriate budgetary controls.
- Support the General Manager in each business unit with their strategic planning and business review process.
- Prepare cash flow forecasts and statements, monitor working capital and manage cash balances by initiating/executing appropriate actions including the investment of excess cash and inter-account transfers.
- Develop income and expenditure accounts and tax returns.
- Produce periodic and ad hoc management reports as required in line with IFRS.
- Analyse variances, explore potential problems with Department Heads and identify solutions.
- Support investment projects by providing inputs to the budgeting process and analysis of projections.
- Periodically conduct stock takes and value the organization’s stocks for purposes of reporting.
- Support Managers with costing process
- Manage foreign accounts and ensure that foreign currency holding levels are maintained at an optimal standard that enables the company to meet spending commitments.
- Generate treasury reports and bring up issues that need action.
- Ensure the timely and accurate preparation of financial and management reports
- Ensure that the company complies with the country’s laws relating to corporate and other taxes, including accurate computation, declaration and payment.
- Set and evaluate performance standards for departmental staff.
- Maintain relationships with the company’s banks, suppliers and other service providers so as to ensure that the company receives timely, quality and cost efficient services at all times.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in accounting or financial management.
- CPA (K), ACCA or the equivalent
- 5 years’ experience in the hospitality industry
- Proven experience turning around the hotel fortunes through prudent financial management
- Experience in planning, budgeting and costing
- Strong analytical skills
- People management skills
Kindly send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Indicating current and expected salary on the subject line for consideration.