The Kenya Mortgage Refinance Company (KMRC) was established as a key institution to support the Affordable Housing Pillar of the Government’s Big 4 Agenda.
In establishing KMRC, the Government adopted a public private partnership (PPP) arrangement with majority private sector ownership.
KMRC is a newly established non-deposit taking mortgage liquidity company under the supervision of the Central Bank of Kenya with the core mandate of mobilizing and providing long-term funds to primary mortgage lenders (Banks, Microfinance Banks and Saccos) in order to increase the availability and affordability of mortgage loans to Kenyans.
In order to drive our strategy, we seek to recruit suitable candidates in various positions who will support KMRC in attaining its commitment to affordable housing for Kenyans.
We require a suitable candidate to fill the following position:
Job Ref: HR 6/1/2020
Purpose of the Job: Responsible for the coordination of the planning, budget preparation, implementation and control to provide adequate financial resources for effective and efficient delivery of the KMRC mandate
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities are:
I. Managerial Roles and Responsibilities
a) Monitor and Control of expenditures for KMRC to ensure Prudent Financial Management and efficient service delivery in line with the set guidelines;
b) Support the development of financial policies for the department in order to ensure that they are aligned to the relevant laws;
c) Co-ordinate the management of the Company’s revenue and expenditure;
d) Manage the planning, preparation and monitoring of capital and revenue budgets and controls, work plans and economic reports;
e) Coordinate and supervise the department’s accounts to ensure smooth running of the department’s operations;
f) Ensure all financial assets of the company are managed and accounted for and are under effective custody and realisation of better returns;
g) Ensure adherence to all approved financial policies and procedures approved by the Board and regulatory authorities;
h) Conduct appraisals for direct reports to help determine training needs of staff and liaise with the HR Department to ensure staff training;
i) Ensure all finance functions including those necessary for auditing, budgeting, financial analysis, capital asset and property management are in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, financial policies and procedures, and all other applicable rules and guidelines; and
j) Conduct KMRC’s financial performance evaluation reports and making recommendations to Chief Finance Officer on policy changes.
II. Operational Roles and Responsibilities
a) Prioritization of activities, projects and programmes based on the Departmental submissions for the purpose of consideration by the Chief Finance Officer for financial allocation in the Budget;
b) Initiation of proposals seeking funds for additional expenditures and reallocation of funds in the Company Budget for consideration by the Chief Finance Officer;
c) Communicate approved annual estimates and progressive implementation to various Departments and ensure timely adjustment of work plans in line with the voted resources;
d) Analyse draft Budget estimates for decision making considerations;
e) Participate in negotiation of various contracts with service providers with the objective of providing advisory opinion to the Accounting officers for prudent financial management and service delivery; and
f) Offer advisory services to the Senior Management Team to ensure that expenditures are charged on the appropriate accounts for efficient and effective service delivery and compliance to the regulations.
III. Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Key Result Areas:
The job holder’s accountability areas are outlined as follows;
- Effective operational cost control of the Company’s financial resources
- Successful implementation of the Company’s investment policies
- Effective supervision of employees assigned to the department
- Maximization of productivity in the unit
- Continuous process improvement of services offered by the Company
- Ensure customer satisfaction for the consumers of the services offered by the Company
Department: Finance Department
Position Reports to: Chief Finance Officer
*Required Master: N/A
* Required Degree: Commerce (Accounting or Business Administration with Finance Option)/Other
Knowledge and Skills Required:
The job holder must possess;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce (Accounting or Business Administration with Finance Option) or any other Business-related Degree from a recognized university.
- Must have a minimum of eight (8) years’ experience
- Must be a Certified Public Accountant (CPAK), ACCA, CIFA, CFA
- Member of ICPAK or CIFA
- Must be computer proficient
- Must have impeccable planning and budgeting skills.
- Must have a good understanding of the Constitution, Public Finance Management Act and related legislations, Public Procurement and Disposal Act and regulations, financial reporting standards and Public Sector accounting standards.
- Must have leadership and supervisory skills.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must possess sound interpersonal and team building skills.
- Must be able to work under pressure.
- Must have proven problem solving skills and knowledge on conflict management.
- Must have excellent negotiation skills
How to Apply:
CLICK HERE to apply online
Applications should be received on or before close of business on 28th February, 2020.
KMRC is an equal opportunity employer and qualified applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
KMRC Website: https://kmrc.co.ke/careers