Job Vacancy: Study Coordinator
The HCV Tx study aims to investigate the optimal modalities of hepatitis C virus treatment among people who inject drugs (PWID) and their partners in Nairobi and the North Coast region (Mombasa, Kilifi and Malindi counties).
We are looking to hire several positions for our research team based in Nairobi and North Coast.
We are committed to excellence in our research, and to working with vulnerable populations with the utmost respect and care.
We require all team members to provide ethical and respectful services to vulnerable, key populations, and to maintain flexible hours in order to interface effectively with international partners.
The study coordinator will be responsible for oversight of all day-to-day study procedures, including standard operating procedure development and monitoring; training of staff; overseeing health advisors who are collecting data; monitoring and ensuring data quality; overseeing sample collection and transport; and managing data and adverse event reporting.
The study coordinator will report directly to the Research Director, and indirectly to the Principal Investigator. The study coordinator must be comfortable working with PWID in the locations where PWID and their partners live and dwell
S/he must be able to work with minimal supervision and for long hours when necessary.
Reporting: Research Director & Principal Investigator
- Coordinate the development of the study protocol and tools
- Training staff at study sites
- Ensure necessary local ethics review board approvals and renewals are obtained for the study and managing study ethics and human subjects protection
- Participate in database development and management
- Coordinate all meetings required for the success of the study
- Ensure that necessary supplies/materials are in stock for study implementation.
- Serve as the liaison between the study team, the study Principal Investigators (PI’s), and collaborators.
- Oversight of study implementation at study sites
- Coordinate and participate in the data analysis and report writing activities
- Preparation of study research reports
- Oversight of community advisory board (CAB) and safety monitoring board (SMB)
- Any other duties as directed by the Principal Investigator
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or higher Diploma in: public health, nursing, clinical officer or other health-related fields
- Experience leading large research projects, particularly in the fields of HIV or viral hepatitis with key populations
- Training in research ethics
- Willingness to work as a team player
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain flexible work hours, including occasional nights and weekends, in order to interface with key populations and international partners
- Experience working in cross-cultural, international research teams
- Experience working with key populations (particularly PWID) is desirable.
- Experience with hepatitis C testing and treatment
- Experience in Home-Based Counseling and Testing is desirable
- Experience in social work and research projects will be an added advantage
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online.